• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Voyager Talk

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 21, 2005, 02:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picard_delta_5

no question, the doctor. He is awsome. He always has a good joke, and its so funny when Tom and Harry talk about his bedside manner. He is great.
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Riskygodfather

GUYS, GALS!!! I'm watching Voyager, and I haven't been paying to much attention to the episode, because I'm on the computer, but I just looked, and 7 of 9 walked out into this boxing ring thing, and her opponent was this guy who looks A LOT like The Rock. Could someone please confirm that it is him, I can give a few more details on the episode.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Geekyfanboy

Episode - Tsunkatse
Production: 232
Season: 6 Episode: 15
Air Date: 02.09.2000
Stardate: 53447.2

While on shoreleave, Chakotay and Torres attend a Tsunkatse match in a nearby alien world. In the meantime, Captain Janeway is off touring a planet in a neighboring system. However, before Chakotay can attend another match, he first must get another crewmember to cover his duties. Meanwhile, Seven of Nine and Tuvok ask Chakotay if they can study a micro-nebula on an away mission. Chakotay grants them permission, telling them that they can spend their shoreleave in whatever manner they choose.

While in the shuttle, Seven of Nine and Tuvok are captured by an alien vessel. An alien named Penk welcomes Seven of Nine to Tsunkatse, telling her that she is going to be a very popular attraction. Seven demands to see Tuvok, who was injured when their shuttle was hit.

While attending to Tuvok, Seven of Nine tells Penk that she has no intention of participating in his game. However, Seven agrees to fight for Tuvok in exchange for his medical care.

Back on Voyager, Chakotay, Kim, Paris and Torres engage in a conversation about boxing and fighting matches. And the Doctor tries to get Neelix to go with him to the Norcadian Museum of Entomology instead of attending the Tsunkatse matches with Chakotay.

At the match, Chakotay, Kim, Paris and Neelix are shocked to discover that Seven of Nine, dressed in an alien fight suit, is the challenger of the Tsunkatse match. Seven tells her opponent in the ring that she doesn't want to fight. Meanwhile, Chakotay leads the others through the crowd, struggling to get closer to the pit.

From Voyager, Torres calls Chakotay looking for an update on the match. Chakotay tells her what's going on and instructs her to beam Seven out. However, Torres is unsuccessful because she thinks that Seven's lifesigns are masked somehow.

Torres tells Chakotay that the figures in the pit are photonic, or holographic projections that are being transmitted from a different location. Drawing back his arm, the Champion (the Rock) swings at Seven who falls to the ground.

In the meantime from the Delta Flyer, Captain Janeway asks Chakotay and Torres for an update. And while Seven of Nine is nursing her injuries, Penk tells her that he is entering her in the Red Match, where only one of the opponents leaves the ring alive. Penk's sidekick The Hunter promises to train Seven for the match. He reminds her that there are no individuals in Tsunkatse, only prey.

Continuing the effort to rescue Seven of Nine, the Norcadian Ambassador tells Neelix that he will begin an immediate investigation. However, Neelix is not convinced that the Ambassador has nothing to do with the fact that friendly aliens are being forced to compete in Tsunkatse matches against their will.

Torres tells Chakotay that they were having trouble isolating the source of the transmissions because they never seemed to be coming from the same place. They realized that the transmissions are emanating from a ship that is protected from neutronic weaponry.

Back on the alien ship, Seven is instructed to rest before her match. Just as the match is about to begin, Seven is shocked when The Hunter enters the ring. The Hunter tells Seven that he was training her so that she could kill him and give him an honorable death.

Meanwhile, Voyager finally tracks down the Tsunkatse Vessel. Chakotay tells Penk that they only have 30 seconds to return Seven and Tuvok before Voyager begins firing. Back in the ring, Seven tries to convince The Hunter that they both should refuse to fight. Voyager and the Tsunkatse Vessel begin to exchange fire, allowing the crew to beam Tuvok over. However, they are unable to get a lock on Seven's individual positioning, and instead beam both Seven and The Hunter onto Voyager.

Back on Voyager, Paris instructs The Hunter to step away from Seven. Chakotay tells The Hunter that a Hirogen hunting party has agreed to meet with them. The Hunter discloses his gratefulness to the crew and tells them that he plans to look for his son.

Riskygodfather

O thank you very much Kenny, it was a pretty good episode.

Admiral Anthony Out

Picard_delta_5

yeah... i need to watch more voyager... i think it is my second fav series but i dont know nearly enough about it....

Riskygodfather

I have started not to like VOY that much anymore. I just am getting annoyed at it, but I can't explain why. It's the opposote of ENT. When I started watching ENT more, I liked it more, when I started watching VOY more, I liked it less.

Admiral Anthony Out

Picard_delta_5

hmmm fascinating... u need to talk to holodeck Freud...

Geekyfanboy

I just finished watching Voyager's Endgame (series finale) for the 'I don't know how many times' and I can't understand why some people disliked it so much. I really enjoyed it, i mean you have Voyager coming back to the Alpha Quad while inside a Borg Sphere.. can't get any better then that.

I would like to hear from someone who did not like it and if you could explain why.

I think TNG, DS9 and Voy all has AWESOME finales.

Dan M

My wife and I have been watching a lot of Voyager lately. We'll have to watch Tsunkatse next.

Kenny, I actually enjoyed Endgame even more than the final episode of DS9.  (There's something about the pacing of the DS9 finale which is just off.)

I've never understood the hatred of Endgame, but then I've never understood the people who dislike the series in general.

Endgame isn't a departure from the normal tone of Voyager.  It's just a bigger story which wraps up their adventure.  I'd have liked to see a little more of their arrival, but I'm happy with what we got.

Just an hour or so ago, I purchased the first post-Endgame Voyager novel, Homecoming.  Has anyone read that?

Jen

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never seen the end of TNG, Voyager or DS9. I did see Enterprise's ending and it stank. I need to buy the DVD's of these shows so I can watch them all. I never watched much Voyager, because at the time I was in college and I spent alot of hours in the art studio on campus. But I have been started recording them recently. I have to say that I for one like this show. Most of the episodes aren't as well written as DS9 or TNG but they're still enjoyable.

I LOVE Neelix. He's my favorite character on Voyager. He seems like the kind of person I would befriend in real life. I think the character of Neelix adds alot to Voyager. Alot of the characters are stiff and serious (no thanks to Rick Berman) but Neelix is fun and lively.

My favorite Voyager episode, so far is "Message In A Bottle". I emailed Rico and asked him to do some commentary on this one. Andy Dick guest stars in this episode as an upgraded EMH doctor on an experimental Starfleet vessel on the edge of the Alpha Quarant.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Message_in_a_Bottle

Doctor Phlox from Enterprise is also on the top of my list of favorite Trek Charcaters. He's so chipper.  :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dan M

Message In A Bottle is a good episode.

You've never seen "All Good Things", Jen? :o

Wow!  Get on that.

jedijeff

I liked all the series enders, with the exception of Enterprise. I think Voyager may be my favorite, as I was happy to see them get back to Earth. It gave me a real good feeling at the end.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jen on March 18, 2007, 09:55:40 AM
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never seen the end of TNG, Voyager or DS9. I did see Enterprise's ending and it stank.

:: stands there with his hand out :: Hand in your 'geek' card Jen. :)

Jen

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on March 18, 2007, 01:23:48 PM
Quote from: Jen on March 18, 2007, 09:55:40 AM
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never seen the end of TNG, Voyager or DS9. I did see Enterprise's ending and it stank.

:: stands there with his hand out :: Hand in your 'geek' card Jen. :)
Eh...err...ok...here you go. I want it back after I watch them though.  ;)

Hey I just watched the grand finale of DS9 it was on Spike TV. I wasn't sure what all the flash backs were about, or the whole thing with the "Fire cave" but it was cool. Never fear, I'm saving up to buy the Trek DVDs. They're just so darn expensive.  :'(
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Captain BJ Wanlund

TELL me about it...

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.