• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Enterprise" coming to Blu-Ray

Started by Rico, October 06, 2012, 04:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Quote from: davekill on March 28, 2013, 06:36:14 PM
I'd buy them right now if they changed the opening song to something better ;)

I like the opening song. They did change it for the Mirror episodes.  :)

Ktrek

Well, season one arrived today and this was a series I wasn't sure I really wanted to spend the money on. First because it's probably my least favorite of the Trek series and second because I thought the DVDs they released for these were pretty good quality and I really liked the packaging.

So, my wife and I watched the first three episodes tonight and all I can say is that they look really good. If any of you have bought them check out the very first frame as it fades into the opening of Fight or Flight. The detail you can read on the Termites of Loracus is simply amazing. You can read every single word of the first page. I checked the DVD and you can read the title but not the entire page in the textbook. The little details they invested in the show is astonishing.

There are sequences throughout the disc that have grain to them and some of the special effects at times are not as crisp as I might like but overall the picture quality is considerably better than the DVD version. So, I suppose I will be investing to a doubledip here to get the series on Blu-Ray.

There's also trailer when the disc loads of Best of Both Worlds and it really looks amazing so even though I didn't want to spring for the extra $15.00 to get the combined episode it looks like I'll do it.

Some days I really hate Blu-Ray technology! But I swear this is the last time I upgrade my Trek collection. 

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Praxis

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on March 26, 2013, 08:33:17 PM
I still need to watch this on Netflix but the first episode turned me off for a while. Maybe I'll try again now that I've seen Dr Who.

Yeah, this is exactly what happened to me. I got 20 minutes into the first episode, experienced earth-shattering revulsion, and turned it off. However, I'm happy to say that I'm really beginning to enjoy this show. Thanks to Netflix I gave it another chance and (without even trying to watch the pilot) started sampling seasons 1 and 2, and am currently running straight through season 3. It's a helluva lot of fun. Still my least favorite trek series but I came to love every other series so that's not really a negative. I'm even *gasp* starting to sing along to the intro music. Yeah. Voyager kinda had the same problem for me....bad pilot, awesome show. I thought DS9 had the best pilot, it was amazing!

davekill

Quote from: WillEagle on March 28, 2013, 06:59:51 PM

I like the opening graphics best. The nice montage of history, technical development.

I recognized Amelia Earhart, Chuck Yeager and Allen Sheppard. They included the little mars rover too, that must be a first - to make an extra-planetary scene part of a TV show.

Praxis

Quote from: davekill on April 07, 2013, 08:17:03 PM
Quote from: WillEagle on March 28, 2013, 06:59:51 PM

I like the opening graphics best. The nice montage of history, technical development.

I recognized Amelia Earhart, Chuck Yeager and Allen Sheppard. They included the little mars rover too, that must be a first - to make an extra-planetary scene part of a TV show.

Yeah it is really cool. The more I saw the opening, the more I appreciated it. Has there been any information or anything said about the ship that is shown (aft shot) after the Phoenix and before the Enterprise? Just curious.

billybob476

Looks like the cast got back together for the season 2 blu ray. Commentary or other extras I guess.

bevs_plaything

If you are in the UK, and collecting Enterprise, In what looks like a pricing error for Enterprise season 2 on Blu-ray, Sainsbury's has season 2 on preorder for only £22.99!  Enterprise is a show I was going to pick up in the future, but couldn't resist a price less than half the price on other sites!

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/search.html?t=enterprise+season+2&section=filmstv/bluray

Rico

davekill

Just got mine and it's like seeing Enterprise for the first time... so much detail is revealed that was missing on the standard DVDs.

The first episode I watched was The Andorian Incident.
An interesting parallel to today's headlines.

Textures in the fabric of the costumes and set pieces have a tactile clarity.
Archer's bruises looked more painful and made me wince. Even the dust in the air illuminated by the phase pistol fire-fight was pretty cool.

The navigation menus are cleaver and make great use of 3D space while using many of the design elements from the original discs.

Rico

Sounds great Dave.  Amazon dropped a few more dollars off season one now too.  Down to $49.99.

davekill

Quote from: Ktrek on January 07, 2013, 05:12:57 PM
I think I voted for that one also but did they actually wear the suits in the first season? I thought it was in season two when we first see them but my memory may be shaky on that.

Kevin
First ep I saw the EVA suits in was number 3, 'Fight or Flight'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_or_Flight_(Star_Trek:_Enterprise)

About the cover, I agree with this comment by 'CBS Home Entertainment'... it was my first impression too.
"The image conveys the same spirit of adventure as The Right Stuff and other iconic stories of pioneers exploring a new frontier. We felt there was no better way to show who those characters really were and their significant role in the Trek mythos."

Initially in promoting Enterprise, we were promised more 'Right Stuff' type episodes like 'First Flight'.
Still, Enterprise had some very good stories.

Rico

Rico

Rico

Seasons 1 & 2 have dropped in price now to around $55-60.  I have season one and three and just need to get number two.  Season four is due in April.

Season 1:  http://amzn.to/ZkG4Vi
Season 2:  http://t.co/uodt3QKTTx

ChrisMC

I love Enterprise but I haven't bit on these yet...still waiting to see if DS9 drops on Blu.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/