• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Shatner's "The Captains"

Started by Rico, June 23, 2011, 03:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

I watched it again yesterday and the trouble is every one else is up for a good old chat, opening their worlds and hearts but Avery is sitting at his piano, tinkering away rocking his head back and forth almost like being Ray Charles but without the obvious blindness which is fine but  man i was bored with him. i really wanted to hear his views on Trek, on his acting career, his background etc as i know very little about him but what i got was disappointing. I still think he is awesome and i for one love seeing actors not being all goody goody but sometimes a joke can wear a little thin.

Dangelus

Hope you didn't fork out too much for it. :)

It's on Netflix (US) so I might give it another watch.

davekill

I would've liked to see everyone sit down together with a moderator.
Bill doesn't seem to know much of the trek lore so I'm not sure what his intentions were other than saying "Hi, how are ya doing?"

These interviews were pretty casual almost haphazard, so I enjoyed it for what it is;
Actors talking shop. The arm wrestling photo-op with Chris Pine and even Avery, rather than answer any questions, responding with jazz licks on the keyboard.

After all I think this production was actually about Bill.

PortlandJosh

Quote from: davekill on February 17, 2012, 04:42:20 PM
I would've liked to see everyone sit down together with a moderator.
Bill doesn't seem to know much of the trek lore so I'm not sure what his intentions were other than saying "Hi, how are ya doing?"

These interviews were pretty casual almost haphazard, so I enjoyed it for what it is;
Actors talking shop. The arm wrestling photo-op with Chris Pine and even Avery, rather than answer any questions, responding with jazz licks on the keyboard.

After all I think this production was actually about Bill.

Yeah William Shanter does a lot of stuff, and half of it doesnt make sense ((music CD's)). haha, but everyone loves a crazy old ego maniac, and I'm no exception.  I think the Captains was a great film for a trekky.  I choked up a time or two.