• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

LOST - Season Three, second half (might contain spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 18, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Locutus on April 27, 2007, 11:28:18 AM
I think maybe you guys are missing a couple of the big reveals in this episode:

1) Juliet knew Jin was pregnant, or else why would they have left that recorder in the locker? She obviously knew that they would be heading that direction sooner or later.
2) Juliet also knows Kate is pregnant.
3) Juliet's motives are even more suspect now, and her character development is just a tiny bit deeper, since we know she is sincere in hating Ben, and may try to get out of betraying the losties.
4) If the fence doesn't kill, or may not even exist, how did it stop smokey? (Maybe just what they said, still ...)
5) If everyone on the flight "died" then who are all of the people on the island? (My vote is that they crashed a couple of years ago, and that the others have been doing brainwashing experiments on them, and memory experiments, which is why everyone's back story crosses here and there, even if they really didn't prior to the crash. ) (I don't think anyone missed this clue, I just threw this one in to espouse my viewpoint. :) )

1) I think you mean Sun, if Jin was pregnant that would be amazing :). I don't think Juliette knew Sun was pregnant I think she was sent there to find out if Kate was pregnant... When Sun told Juliette that she was pregnant she really looked surprised.

2) We don't know for sure the Kate is also pregnant.

3) I think Juliette cares for no one but Juliette, she hates Ben we know, but she is still working with them.

4) Well the fence might not harm organic stuff but we don't know what the smoke is.. maybe it does stop that.

5) I like your theory but I think more then likely Dharma is covering up the crash.

Locutus

Yes, Sun. The island isn't that amazing. :)

OK, I'll give you that we don't KNOW Kate is preggers, but all the evidence is pointing that way. And, yes, on second thought, she did look surprised, so I guess that shoots my theory in the butt. But I really think Juliet is gonna come through for the losties, and may even kill Ben before this is all over. I think it may be more probable that they control smokey, maybe even by that panel she was touching, just to try to make Kate trust her more.

But then, I'm an admitted and gleeful conspiracy theorist. :)
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Locutus

Also, isn't Dharma gone, at least according to Ben. (Who, it should be noted, has only lied when he said he was Henry Gale, and that he wasn't an other. As far as we know, anyway.)    :confused
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

JoSpiv

1) Exactly.  It definetly seems like they new she was pregnant, and getting these samples might be the reason she was sent thier in the 1st place.   

2) Either she knows kate is pregnant, or she suspects she might be.  :ohbaby Perhaps they really wanted Kate and Sawyer to hook up.   :ohbaby

3) Juliet is movitated by one thing, to get off the island.   :eekout And I think she'd do anything to make sure that can happen.

4) I think the Island healed Mikhal.    The fence might be one big ruse that the smoke cannot cross for some reason though.

5)I like your theory a lot.   It's very complex and cool.   But I dunno if I agree with it.    I am kinda hoping for a paralell universe kinda thing, but I do think someone staged another crash to simply stop people from coming to look for them.  :flying
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Locutus

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Locutus on April 27, 2007, 12:41:10 PM
Also, isn't Dharma gone, at least according to Ben. (Who, it should be noted, has only lied when he said he was Henry Gale, and that he wasn't an other. As far as we know, anyway.)    :confused

Dharma is not gone.. they are still doing food drops. I think this is all one gigantic experiment.

Locutus

I agree with the experiment theory. I just don't know who is doing the experimenting.

Geekyfanboy

More and more questions!!!! I'm loving Lost but man I wish I would get more answers then questions.  We all knew that John's Dad was the original Sawyer, no surprise there. What is the secret that Jack is keeping from Kate, that Juliet wanted to tell her.  Why doesn't everyone think they are dead... are they really dead?  I'm glad John ratted out Juliet as a rat.  These last few episodes look to be really good. I hope they give us some big answers.

Locutus

Rico

I continue to think that the whole thing on LOST is one big behavioral experiment.  Everyone is being toyed with and manipulated.  It really is the only answer.  From typing in the code back in the hatch, to bringing in people from everyone's past, etc.

Oh - I think the Jack/Juliet secret is that Juliet is basically a double agent and Jack knows all about her arrangement with Ben.  But, I still don't trust her or any of the others.

JoSpiv

why I love this show:

1)Even though I knew Cooper was the Original Sawyer I still was on the edge of my seat!!

2)The Acting in the scenes with Sawyer and Sawyer.

3)The look on Sawyer's face when Locke called him on having no bullets.

4)The fact that neither Locke, nor Rousseu asked any questions of each other in the Black Rock.

5)The stupidity of Kate for tell Jack precicily what Sayid told her NOT to tell HIM.

6)The Secret Juliet and Jack have.

7)Locke showing why he's the coolest dude and ratting out Juliet.

8)The fact that the writers made fun of us twice in this episode.  First with, "The Box is a METAPHOR", and then the whole Hell thing.

9)The fact that I think the whole cooper thing worked out exactly was Ben hoped.  They don't kill people remember?  they get others to do it for them.  They didn't want John to kill Cooper.  They wanted, and conned John into getting Sawyer to do it.  

10)Every scene with Ben and Locke.    Those two are excellent actors.

11)The preview for next week causing me to forget the episode I just saw for a short time.   NEXT WEEK LOOKS AMAZING!!!
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Rico

Hmm, does anyone think Ben is playing Locke with the Juliet recording thing?  I mean how dumb was it to be playing that thing when Locke went to see Ben?  Especially since Ben asked to see him.  I smell one big setup. 

Locutus

jedijeff

I thought Last Nights Epsiode was good, I liked what they Did with Lockes dad, and having Sawyer kill him. I liked how Lockes Dad never really gave Sawyer the satisfaction as well, as he never really read that note Sawyer was carrying with him for so long.
I am really liking Sayid, he is the only one asking questions, and the Losties are lucky to have him right now. Not sure what to think of Jack and Juliet and there secret. I think that Ben is playing with them as well with the tape recordings that Juliet is making. Interested to find out more about Dharma next week.

markinro

WARNING...SPOILERS.   Come on, you still haven't watched this weeks episode ??? :)

This episode was great.  One of the best in the season.  I love it when questions are answered and sub-plots are resolved.
Sawyer and Locke were at their best.   At first, I thought Ben had killed Johns father with that blow to the head.   I hadn't even
guessed at the connection with Sawyer until "dad" started shooting off his mouth.  I still don't trust Ben or the others -- Locke
might be getting set up for a disappointment worse than his father.  Hurley once again, speaks volumes with a single line - hilarious.
Lockes father was just asking for it.  He probably thought "We're all dead so what does it matter".  I kind of feel sorry for Sawyer.
I think he really wants to change his ways and this might push him back toward the "dark side".   I'm still teetering on being a big
fan of the show but I will definitely keep watching.  WOW !!

I hope next year, ABC will change the schedule so all episodes are shown back-to-back.  Like 24.