• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Heroes - Season Two (Possible Spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 14, 2007, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

The last time we saw Sylar, he was lying in a pool of his own blood after being soundly beaten by Peter Petrelli, Hiro and the rest of the “Heroes” on the hit show’s season finale.

At the end of the volume one, we saw that Sylar had escaped and might live to fight again another day.

It looks like that’s what happened.

Zachary Quinto, who plays Sylar, has just signed on to become a series regular for the upcoming second season. No word yet on how or what Sylar will be up to in season two, but we’ll keep our eyes and ears open.

Darth Gaos

Not surprising....but totally cool nonetheless....I love his character
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Heroes Casting News

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Nick D’Agosto has landed a major recurring role on NBC’s hit sci-fi drama “Heroes” for next season.

The actor will play Claire’s (Hayden Panettiere) boyfriend, West, who is said to have “a very cool superpower.”

D’Agosto is the second addition to the cast of “Heroes” for next season, joining recently appointed new regular Dania Ramirez.

This past development season, D’Agosto co-starred opposite Marisa Tomei in CBS’ comedy pilot “The Rich Inner Life of Penelope Cloud.” Last year, he played the male lead opposite Mena Suvari in another CBS pilot, the drama “Orpheus.”

D’Agosto will next be seen in the indie comedy-drama “Rocket Science,” which premiered to strong reviews at the Sundance Film Festival in January

Geekyfanboy

Here is some more casting news from Kristen from E Online...

Ohmigodohmigodohmigod.

Honestly, I'm downright giddy to be breaking the news to you that David Andersâ€"known as the wonderfully sinister and sexy Sark to Alias fansâ€"is joining the cast of Heroes!

Though NBC has not yet announced it, my Heroes moles tell me it's official: Anders has been given the much coveted series-regular role of Kane, a Sark-ish character who just so happens to be 1,000 years old, for the upcoming second season of Heroes. I'm told Anders starts work on the show on Monday.

Hear that? It's the sound of Alias fans around the world shouting "Yippee!" as they bust out a happy Snoopy dance. And you Heroes fans should be, too, because, hot damn, the show just got even better.

Rico

That's cool news, but I'd rather of seen Vaughn (Michael Vartan) from Alias come over.  It would of been cool to see him and his old Alias buddy (Greg Grunberg) on Heroes together again.

markinro

Oooo yeah...and Jack Bristow (can't remember the actors name).  We need to have the two Jacks on at the same time. :0

Geekyfanboy

Heroes Adds Six

NBC has annonced that it has added six new cast members for the upcoming season of Heroes, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Joining the cast in recurring roles will be Barry Shabaka Henley, Holt McCallany, David Anders, Eriko Tamura, Lyndsy Fonseca and Dianna Agron.

Anders, best known for his recurring role on Alias, will play the ancient samurai warrior Takezo Kensei, the childhood hero of Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka). The last scene of the finale showed Hiro inadvertently transporting himself back in time to ancient Japan, where he is likely to encounter Kensei next season. Japanese pop star and actress Tamura will play a Japanese princess in the same time period.

Henley will play Detective Fuller, a New York police officer. McCallany will play Ricky, the ringleader of a group of Irish thugs. Fonseca and Agron will play beautiful cheerleaders in Southern California, where Claire (Hayden Panettiere) is expected to move. Fonseca's character April is sweet, while Agron's Debbie is a mean girl.

The six join Nick d'Agosto, who recently landed a recurring role on Heroes next season, as well as Dania Ramirez, who was cast as a new regular.

Geekyfanboy

Agron, Keating Join Heroes

Dianna Agron and Dominic Keating have booked recurring roles on the next season of NBC's hit SF series Heroes, Variety reported.

Agron will play a cheerleader, Keating an Irish mobster.

Keating is best known to SF fans as Lt. Malcolm Reed on Star Trek: Enterprise. He will also be seen in Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf.

Agron's credits include Veronica Mars and Shark.

NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=42273

Geekyfanboy

“Heroes” â€" Who’s In & Who’s Out Update

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/07/25/heroes-whos-in-whos-out-update/

Written by: Michael Hickerson (SoSF Staff Journalist)

Television critics got a tour of the “Heroes” set yesterday as part of the annual TCA summer meetings. TV Guide On-Line reporter Michael Ausiello had a few interesting tid-bits about casting for the season season of NBC’s hit series.

These could be considered SPOILERS, so if you don’t want to know, please surf on to our next story.

The first big news is that the role of Claire’s cheerleading friend has been reduced to one episode and cut from the storyline. The actress, Lyndsy Fonseca, has been cast in a recurring role on ABC’s “Desparate Housewives” and so the potential storyline for this character has been dropped.

“She wasn’t a pivotal character,” series creator Tim Kring said of Claire’s pal, who will now appear in just one episode. “The idea was that that part would grow, but it never got a chance to.”

New Hero Dania Ramirez revealed that when we first meet her character, Maya, “she’s on the run from the cops.”

The critics also noted that Leonard Roberts who plays D.L. on the show was not part of the tour. This is the second time this summer that Roberts has not been part of a “Heroes” cast panel though Kring cautioned everyone to “not read too much into this.” (It wouldn’t be surprising since last time we saw D.L., he’d been shot and apparently fataly wounded).

During the tour, Zachary Quinto wouldn’t confirm nor deny that he had been cast as Spock in the upcoming J.J. Abrams “Star Trek” movie. Quinto has expressed interest in the iconic role and is heavily rumored to be the front-runner for the role.

In other Abrams news, Abrams favorite star Greg Grunberg hinted he may be involved in “Coverdale.” “Coverdale” is the mysterious trailer/project that has been generated a great deal of hype and speculation, running before summer-hit “Transformers.”

“Heroes” is currently filming its second season and returns to NBC later this year.

Darth Gaos

All very cool news, although nothing too spoilerish.  I was actually more interested in the news about Quinto and Grunbergs other stuff.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Star Trek: Heroes

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/08/12/star-trek-heroes/

Written by: Michael Hickerson (SoSF Staff Journalist)

“Heroes” has added another member of the classic “Trek” cast in a recurring role. Nichelle Nichols, who played Uhura on the classic series and in 6 of the 10 Star Trek movies, has signed on for a multiple episode stint on “Heroes” this fall, according to TrekToday. Nichols joins fellow classic “Trek” alum, George Takai, who has the pivotal role as Hiro’s father. Fellow “Trek” star Dominic Keating of the “Enterprise” series will also join the cast this fall.

Producer Tim Kring hinted during an interview with E! On-line that Nichols’ role, like her old friend George’s, will be a pivotal one for the show and for fans.

And it appears a star from “Heroes” is looking to jump to be part of the “Trek” franchise in the upcoming “Star Trek” film. James Kyson Lee, who plays Hiro’s friend Ando, has said he’d begun campaigning for the role of Sulu. One of “Heroes” main stars, Zachary Quinto, has already been cast as Spock for the JJ Abrams re-imaging.

No official word on if Lee would be cast in the role or if he’s even in the running. But as soon as we hear something official, we’ll let you know.

Geekyfanboy

Trek's Nichelle Nichols Talks About Her Heroes Role

Nichelle Nichols by Chris Haston/NBC
First Sulu, now Uhura. Once again, Heroes has boldly gone back to classic Star Trek for a cool casting coup: Sci-fi icon Nichelle Nichols will join fellow Trekker George Takei as a recurring player on the hit NBC series.

Showing up in the season's fourth episode, Nichols will play Nana, a New Orleans doyenne whose daughter died during Hurricane Katrina. "Nana is tough and undaunted and â€" like the blues â€" she just keeps rising to the occasion," Nichols says. The character, who is in dire financial straits, has moved back into her once-flooded home, where she cares for her two grandchildren. One of them, new hero Monica (The Nine's Dana Davis), is an avenging angel intent on bringing justice to the corruption-plagued Big Easy. Nana is also a great-aunt to Micah, the junior hero played by series regular Noah Gray-Cabey. "Micah is sent to New Orleans to live with the family," Nichols says. "It's a quite marvelous, magical story, with wonderful things emerging." Does Nana have a superpower? "Well, that remains to be seen, now doesn't it?" coos Nichols.

The actress confirmed her much-rumored Heroes gig at a recent Trek convention in Las Vegas, where she reports that "the entire room went insane. I felt like I was Oprah giving out cars!" â€"Reporting by Michael Logan

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Tv-Guide-News/Treks-Nichelle-Nichols/800020534

Rico

Season 2....

[youtube=425,350]wk8q2OWLLz8[/youtube]

markinro

TV guide is doing a story on Hero

http://www.tvguide.com/news/070827-01

I will be glued to the couch the last week in Sept - Heroes, FG, B Woman, etc.  It's going to be quite a ride.

iceman