• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Heroes - Season Two (Possible Spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 14, 2007, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

one word.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube=425,350]7sZ4E5lj8Ak[/youtube]

Rico

Loved it!  Great 2nd season premiere.  I was expecting them to pick right up after the end of season one, but I think the few months later worked better.  Hiro in old Japan was great.  Love the English guy (he used to be on "Alias" which I enjoyed a lot).  Surprised they knocked off Mr. Sulu, too bad.  But Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) will be on this season, of course.  I didn't mind the Peter amnesia thing.  Oh, he looks much better without that silly long hair anymore too.  Lots of stuff happened for one episode which is why this show is so good.  Think my favorite part was Claire's dad tossing that dweeb down on the table when he kept bugging him on his break.  Great stuff!   :)

Blackride

All in all I thought the episode was a good intro for the season. I was really really suprised they did not have a few minutes or even a one minute clip catching people up on what happened last year.

The Hiro segments were nice because the English actor carried the scenes. I've never been that big of a Hiro fan as some on this board but I do appreciate his story arc. You guys can flame me for not being a huge Hiro fan now :)

I still think the Claire story arc is by far the best on especially with her father and her trying to fit into a "normal" life.

The end with Peter was nice and opens up a lot of questions and thank god he but his hair!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

MrOsterman

Would it be weird to have two "heroes" threads?  One for "spoilers through last broadcast episode" and one that's got all the casting spoilers, extended spoilers.

I'm trying to stay "virgin" through the season but want a chance to gab.  :)

Mr. O

markinro

Quote from: Rico on September 25, 2007, 04:32:49 AM
Loved it!  Great 2nd season premiere.  I was expecting them to pick right up after the end of season one, but I think the few months later worked better.  Hiro in old Japan was great.  Love the English guy (he used to be on "Alias" which I enjoyed a lot).  Surprised they knocked off Mr. Sulu, too bad.  But Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) will be on this season, of course.  I didn't mind the Peter amnesia thing.  Oh, he looks much better without that silly long hair anymore too.  Lots of stuff happened for one episode which is why this show is so good.  Think my favorite part was Claire's dad tossing that dweeb down on the table when he kept bugging him on his break.  Great stuff!   :)

markinro

Ooops  ::)

Everything about this episode was great.  Claire needs to listen to HRG man a bit more.  Can she stay out of trouble for just ONE day ??  So, that was Peter at the end ?  Barely recognized him.  I thought Nathan blew up with Peter last year but I liked that he kicked evil mom out.   OMG - HRG man pins his boss down.  How many of us would like to do THAT ?  :laugh:

Also like that HRG has a plan.

Hero and Sark/Kinsei (David Anders) - funny.   I only hope it will not be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Geekyfanboy

This is the one series return that I have been looking forward to the most and it didn't disappoint. I thought it was packed full of information. The caught up with a few of our favorite Heroes and introduced a few new ones. I loved the whole Claire/Noah stories. The family sitting around the dinner table being bored out of there minds... priceless. The Hiro/kinsei story is good, I am a Hiro fan and I just hope they don't spend to much time on his story.  I knew Nathan and Peter were coming back so seeing Nathan was no biggie and I kept waiting for Peter to show up.  I did like Mr. Nakamora calling Mrs. Petrelli out about their sons and was cheering when Nathan kicked his mom out.  And I'm not so sure Mr. Nakamora is dead.. he may have a power, maybe he can heal?? And it was great to see more heroes with the say powers, ie the boy Wes who was floating and watching Claire, creepy.. yes.. but cool. Can't wait for the next episode and see what's going on with other Heroes.

Blackride

So my biggest questions are....Who was the guy wearing the hoodie and who is that girl communicating with in her dreams?
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

jedijeff

I thought it was alright as well. My wife and I were excited for the season to start, and happy to have found a show both me and her can watch together. At first I did not recognize Peter at the end, even though I knew to expect to see him, since his name was in the opening credits. Will be interested to find out how he got where he is, I wonder if his Mom had anything to do with it. The burned(?) person Nathan saw in the mirror in the bar, was that to be an image of Peters as well, or a reflection of Nathan?

The Hiro stuff was ok as well, though I guess I was hoping for a bit more, I suspect he will spend a lot of time making Kensie a Hero before he heads back to present time. I would have to think that this is not the end of his Father as well, seemed a little sudden. My guess is he will be resurrected or something else will bring him back to life, or he never really died. We never got a close up, only Ando's perspective from the roof top.

space_invader64

OK, is the flying kid soposed to be syler morphed?  Was the guy in the crate peter patrelli?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: space_invader64 on September 27, 2007, 11:22:41 AM
OK, is the flying kid soposed to be syler morphed?  Was the guy in the crate peter patrelli?

I don't think the flying kid was Sylar.. just another Heroes who likes Claire. And yes that was Peter Patrelli in the crate at the end.

Akitu

I think giving Peter amnesia was a little too...tired. Maybe it's just me, but I tend to watch too many TV shows where they have to give characters amnesia to keep the storyline interesting. I hope it goes well and doesn't get too frustrating.

QuoteThe burned(?) person Nathan saw in the mirror in the bar, was that to be an image of Peters as well, or a reflection of Nathan?

The hair makes it look like Peter but if you look closely at his facial features it's most definitely still Nathan.

I liked Hiro's plop into old Japan (especially since I like any excuse to use my Japanese skills). I'm really interested in where they're going to take that.

I'm ambivalent towards West mostly because I was feeling stalker vibes coming from him. I hope they don't make him all evil...useless as that hope may be.

jedijeff

Thanks for the Clarification about Nathan. Now I wonder what it means, does Nathan have something going on similar to Jessica/Niki? Is the disfigured Nathan  from the end of last season when he took Peter away and there was an explosion?

Rico

Another good, solid episode last night.  Lots of stuff going on.  I really like how there's more interplay between the various characters for the most part this season so far.  Still, they need to stay focused.  Right now they have many plot threads going.  Hiro in Japan, Peter in Ireland?, Suresh/Matt/Molly cure/other stuff, Claire and her family, and the wonder twins trying to get to the States.  That's a lot.  Not to mention Nikki and her kid, etc.  And of course Sylar still running around out there.  I'm really enjoying the Hiro in Japan stuff.  The Claire trying to fit in and her family is good too.  Overall this season is going well I think.

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on October 02, 2007, 05:05:09 AM
Another good, solid episode last night.  Lots of stuff going on.  I really like how there's more interplay between the various characters for the most part this season so far.  Still, they need to stay focused.  Right now they have many plot threads going.  Hiro in Japan, Peter in Ireland?, Suresh/Matt/Molly cure/other stuff, Claire and her family, and the wonder twins trying to get to the States.  That's a lot.  Not to mention Nikki and her kid, etc.  And of course Sylar still running around out there.  I'm really enjoying the Hiro in Japan stuff.  The Claire trying to fit in and her family is good too.  Overall this season is going well I think.

I agree that there is almost too much stuff going on that it looses focus.