• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Heroes - Season Two (Possible Spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 14, 2007, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

I was thinking the same thing.  It is really good, but not moving so fast forward.  There is so much going on that we only get a little tiny bit of forward momentum.

The toe part.  UGH!  We were all grossing out.  Very cool. :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

Yes, seems to be a lot happening, and they have yet to touch on Niki and Micha. I have yet to get interested in the story with the twins, as I still dont really understand what their powers our (besides the brother neutralizing the sister). I hope Peters Story gets more interesting as well, maybe next week with the mysterious box. I really liked last nights episode though besides the stories I am not interested in yet, I felt it was stronger then the season opener. The Suresh story through me for a loop, and was not expecting that and seeing the Haitian show up in California at the end.

markinro

Quote from: moyer777 on October 02, 2007, 07:43:41 AM
I was thinking the same thing.  It is really good, but not moving so fast forward.  There is so much going on that we only get a little tiny bit of forward momentum.

The toe part.  UGH!  We were all grossing out.  Very cool. :)

Nope - I just grossing out.  Claire REALLY needs to stop that.  For a moment, like her I thought the toe would not grow back.   I can just see the writers for this show "This week, she cuts off her pinky toe with a scissors"

Bryancd

I laugh my butt off every time Claire does something to purposely mess herself up. The toe was great, I was cheering her on to do it! I also love Hiro in fuedal Japan. The twins story is a TBD and I think Peter in Ireland is fun with him not knowing anything. And how about Mrs. Pretrelli? Do you think she and Sulu hooked up and that Natahn and Peter are their love children?! Oh, and Kensei having the power to heal, it's Claire's Great great great great grandfather! Maybe all of them are related back to Kensei?

Darth Gaos

I agreer....great start to the season so far.....And I am glad that somebody besides me has used the term "Wonder Twins" to describe the brother and sister.  BTW  What exactly IS the sisters "power" anyway?  ANyone venture a guess...or has it been revealed somewhere?
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

The IC

markinro

We need a Jack O'Neil line there -- "Nathan, what's with the beard ?"   :lol2

Darth Gaos

Great episode last night.....Will HRG survive...nobody has yet.

And was I the only one who began reciting the Tarkin/Vader scene from A New Hope when Peter had Lt Malcolm pinned to the wall chokin him??  ;D

"Enough of this.  Vader release him!"
"As you wish"

:starwars:
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

moyer777

Very good stuff.  It was nice to see Nichelle

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

It was alright, interested to find out what happens to HRG as well. The other stories seem to be stuck in Neutral a bit for me, the Peter Story I still not getting into much.

Rico

The last story/episode was interesting.  So now Claire has a boyfriend with powers.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out.  The Sylar story was neat to see as well (although I wish they had been able to just finish him off last season).  And it's cool to see Nichelle on the show just like George.  I do hope we get to see them in a scene together some way.

space_invader64

OK, we've made it 3 weeks in the new season and my thoughts are:

I don't really care for the new charictors in mexico because I'm accustomed to zoning out when something comes on TV in Spanish.  Like when someone in the dorms is watching the Spanish speaking station, I don't normally pay attention.

Syler is back but I personally think it might be better to have him come in a couple times a season like Q did on TNG.  We know it's comming and without warning, bam!  There he is with new powers we didn't know about.

The story is good with Clare, her flying boyfriend, and her family living in California.  I know he has been really mean but I like Mr. Bennett.  Something about him protecting his daugther is apealing to me.  I don't want to see him killed off.  Their family is my favoirate story in the show.

Parkman's story is also doing well.  I love it that he was investigating the murder of Hiro's father and probing the mind of Mrs. Petrelli.  I'm glad he is watching over Molly.  Looks exciting.

And Mohender is a double agent trying to take down the company, cure the heroes of a virus and assist Parkman in keeping molly safe.

Hiro is another story.  I didn't really see the need to have him go to Japan of a few hundred years ago.  Not a bad story but not a great one.

We finally see Niki again and I didn't really care for her in season one.  Well, I wanted DL to be a villain stocking her and Micha.  When this was no longer the case for me the story just fell apart.  This season I am glad to see Nichole Nicoles in the story.

Glad to see Peter is back but like Hiro and Syler, having a major setback. He has no memory and awakes in Irland.  His brother really needs him and I miss him being a part of the show.  Nathen has grown a beard, misses his brother and doesn't do anything.

Theres this symbol that a villain worse than syler is leaving after killing hiro's father, and nearly killing Mrs. Patrilli.  I'm excitied about finding out who this is.  One of Isiac's paintings shows Mr. Bennett getting shot through the eye.  No, please don't kill him off!  Kill Nicki, please!

Where I live, the TV reception is horrible so I end up having to download the episode after I've already seen it to see all the things I missed.  So I have to go on the torrent sites and get  a real pretty high def download of the show.  Looks very pretty on my mac.  I would just do the netflix streaming thing but I have a mac and it doesn't work yet.

Rico

Very interesting comments.  I'm going to merge this into the running "Heroes" discussion thread.

The IC

Why didn't Peter just take the box?  He can obviously overpower those gangsters.

space_invader64

I think Peter is affaid he might be a bad dude.