• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Trek Memorial Day Weekend Movie Marathon!

Started by Rico, May 27, 2011, 03:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

If you get the SyFy channel, you can watch almost every Trek film this weekend there (and some episodes too).  Schedule below:

Saturday, May 28th

09:30 AM     Star Trek: The Next Generation "The Defector"
10:30 AM     Star Trek: The Motion Picture
01:30 PM     Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan
04:00 PM     Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
06:30 PM     Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
09:00 PM     Star Trek VIII: First Contact
11:30 PM     Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

Sunday, May 29th

02:00 AM     Star Trek: The Motion Picture
11:00 AM     Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
01:30 PM     Star Trek VIII: First Contact
04:00 PM     Star Trek X: Nemesis
06:30 PM     Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
09:00 PM     Star Trek VII: Generations
11:30 PM     Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Monday, May 30th

08:00 AM     Star Trek: The Next Generation "The Price"
09:00 AM     Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
1:30 AM     Star Trek X: Nemesis
02:00 PM     Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
04:30 PM     Star Trek VII: Generations

Tuesday, May 31st

11:00 PM     Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Rico

And here's a cool video of some fans that just watched all the films and ranked them too.  Great stuff!

TREKATHON: Star Trek Movie Marathon

turtlesrock

OMV! GENERATIONS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME! 6.57?! ok first contact was pretty good. insurrection at the bottom? dang. i thought it was decent.

jedijeff

Besides First Contact, the TNG movies did not fare very well in these folks rankings.

Bryancd

TWOK ad First Contact are THAT good. In fact in general, I agree with their rankings.

Rico

What I was a little surprised by was how high they ranked the Abrams film.  I expected them to rank it up there, but it got pretty big numbers.  Of course I like the film a lot too, but I just was impressed by how much they liked it as well.

Bryancd

Well, I mean the biggest competition to the new STAR TREK is STAR TREK IV. Other than that, what, Generations or Undiscovered Country? Can't hold the same level of thrill to the JJ film.

Rico

If you mean in terms of general public appeal, I would agree.  However, I'm guessing that people that sit down to watch all 11 Trek films in a row are pretty much definitely Trekkies.  So, I was just a bit surprised at the rating from that type of group.

Bryancd

No, I will would still contend it was that good regardless. I don't think hard core Trek fans dismissed it, although they, myself included, may have wanted to.

moyer777

We have been watching the marathon.  Thanks Rico for letting us know.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on May 28, 2011, 08:46:43 PM
No, I will would still contend it was that good regardless. I don't think hard core Trek fans dismissed it, although they, myself included, may have wanted to.

I still think you are missing my point Bryan.  All I was saying is I think the general public would rate the 2009 film higher on average than a long time Trekkie would.  Maybe not by a lot more, but some.  You all know I really enjoyed the Abrams movie, but again it just surprised me a little how much this group did.

WillEagle

Was watching some of this yesterday during yard work breaks and then the wife and I started to watch IV from the beginning. We got tired of the commercials so we put in the dvd. We noticed a couple parts that thet deleted on tv but that is to be expected. I'll probably catch some more of it today because it is nice to see them in HD.

stonut

Your all so spoiled over there, getting to watch all this great scifi lol

WillEagle

Watched #6 last night. Kept it on the tv though because of the HD. Love the part at the end when Kirk says "Fire". Don't laugh but that part gives me goosebumbs when ever I see it!

Rico

Quote from: WillEagle on May 30, 2011, 10:42:16 AM
Watched #6 last night. Kept it on the tv though because of the HD. Love the part at the end when Kirk says "Fire". Don't laugh but that part gives me goosebumbs when ever I see it!

I saw a little of it too.  For some reason I tuned in when Kirk is fighting that big guy and kicks him in his "knee."  ;)