• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Alcatraz" - tv series

Started by Rico, May 16, 2011, 03:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

Quote from: QuadShot on February 26, 2012, 01:01:37 PM
Quote from: jedijeff on February 26, 2012, 09:39:16 AM
I am really digging Alcatraz, I think the stories and the Series Mythology are really starting to take shape. I really hope it gets a second season, as I understand the ratings are soft. Would be a real shame to me to lose it, so I am crossing my fingers. The past episode brought up a lot of good questions.

[spoiler]From reading some other sites and theories, this series looks like it is going to set itself up a lot with dreams and what people might perceive a real or not. I think that dreams are going to be key to this show, as they sort of alluded to that fact that a lot of Dr Lucy's methods were around dreaming. When they were talking to Jack Sylvane, he said he no longer had dreams, so not sure if some how they have taken his dreams for some reason, if they might be harboring the inmates for some reason, and the dreams are part of it. There was a line from the Doctor about so called reality, makes me wonder just how real these inmates are as well. Also gets me wondering about Hausers new Alcatraz, he is pretty secretive on it, sort of have the wild thought that it might not even be in the present time as when these new events are happening.[/spoiler]

Jeff, nice theory. How about this:
[spoiler]What if...everything we see in the "now" IS just dreams? Alcatraz is a prison to the most vicious criminals out there. What if Lucy created some sort of "dream chamber" where she puts these inmates to get into their minds and see WHY they do what they do? Or, maybe even vice-versa. The dream chamber is now and she makes them believe they were inmates of Alcatraz. Perhaps Hausers Alcatraz is THE Alcatraz, only some time in the future?[/spoiler]

Yeah Al, I can really see that Theory as well
[spoiler]There must be a reason why they are doing all the experimenting on the inmates, and they are the baddest of the bad, so they might want to know why they are doing their crimes. For me I really think this new Alcatraz is in a different time from the present, just not sure if it is future or even the past. All the blood they are taking from Tommy Madsen is interesting as well, I wonder if they use it somehow to maintain these inmates. I also get the feeling the warden is playing a bigger role in the grand picture, then just being a warden. Would not surprise me if he is some how involved in the events happening in the present, even though he is supposedly dead.[/spoiler]

Feathers

The pilot airs over here on 13th March. I assume I should be watching this, yes?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

QuadShot

Feathers

Sorry, I thought I'd ask rather than re-read the whe thread. I'm lazy at heart.

QuadShot

Feathers,
No worries! I was kidding with you. I agree with you though, it can be cumbersome to look through pages and pages and pages at times! :)

WillEagle

Still enjoying this and will watch the whole season. Just watched the "Cal" episode last night which had the actor that played Flash Gordon on the Sci-Fi channel a few years back.

Feathers

Tuesday night over here on Watch. With my luck I'll get really into it and then have to miss a few weeks due to moving house.

Feathers

Well, I watched it and started to get into it and then they cancelled it just as the really interesting pieces just started to fall into place in the puzzle.

The moral? I don't know, probably 'Never watch a show on it's first run'.

WillEagle

The wife and I both really enjoyed this series and were ticked off when we heard that it wasn't coming back. And it was left with a huge cliffhanger! They really need to start letting these shows know in advance so they don't leave people hanging. I'm with Feathers and I'll probably only watch one new show as it airs and that will be Arrow.