• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

The Tudors

Started by Bryancd, June 20, 2012, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Jamie and I have been watching this on NetFlix and are really enjoying it. Did anyone else watch this when it was originally aired?

Meds

Yeah i saw a few episodes of this but being a history fan i kind of got a bit annoyed with the liberties being taken with the timeline etc. Saying that it is a very good programme and of course good to see Henry Cavill and Sam Neil on screen (Joss Stone though??)

Bryancd

Yes...but it does have boobies... ;)

Not being as knowledgeable regarding this time in Englands history certainly help in our enjoyment. :)

Meds

ROFL Boobies ha ha. They should teach this version in school.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on June 20, 2012, 12:10:08 PM
ROFL Boobies ha ha. They should teach this version in school.

Amazing how astonishingly good looking Brits were back then as well. :)

Meds

It's how we roll. Even our teeth looked good ;)

Bromptonboy

I'll have to check this out.  Although I am a history buff, and pretty well acquainted with that period.  But the eye-candy can put me in a forgiving mood....   ;)
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on June 20, 2012, 12:25:00 PM
I'll have to check this out.  Although I am a history buff, and pretty well acquainted with that period.  But the eye-candy can put me in a forgiving mood....   ;)

Then you my friend are in for a treat! The art direction is very good, costuming, ect. They spent some $ there for sure and the actors are solid.

...did I mention the boobies?

Feathers

Yes, we saw it. My wife's the one into the Tudor history, I just went along for the ride.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Quote from: Feathers on June 20, 2012, 12:38:08 PM
Yes, we saw it. My wife's the one into the Tudor history, I just went along for the ride.

We are deep into Season 2. In all seriousness I think the production values are terrific.

billybob476

Fran and I are almost all caught up with Dexter. We've picked up Californication with David Duchovny but I've been meaning to give the Tudors a look as well. Might be something to put next on the list.