• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Netflix to stream ALL Trek TV

Started by Rico, April 08, 2011, 03:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

I can watch DS9 in entirety any time I want (or any Star Trek for that matter). You see there are these shiny little discs called DVDs. Isn't the future wonderful?  :P

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Ktrek on April 09, 2011, 08:21:58 PM
I can watch DS9 in entirety any time I want (or any Star Trek for that matter). You see there are these shiny little discs called DVDs. Isn't the future wonderful?  :P

Kevin

Some of us can't afford the entire series on DVD ;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Streaming is the future. I'm not a collector, I like the content not the box of fancy packaging so if I can access thousands of movies and TV shows for a small monthly cost in the same or better quality than DVD it's a no brained for me!

Rico

Of course I like having the discs too and the season sets and full series sets have gotten to be pretty inexpensive.  But it's also nice to have the convenience of just starting up an episode quickly via streaming.  I still prefer the picture & sound quality of discs, but streaming is getting better.  More options for people to watch these great shows is always a good thing.

billybob476

It'll be interesting to see if we get them here in Canada at the same time you guys do.

turtlesrock

i'll be getting TNG season 1 from the library any day now.

Geekyfanboy

Question.. since I can't stream Netflix (stupid internet) Can you get the the DVD Extras as well or is it just the TV episode or movie?

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on April 10, 2011, 10:30:12 AM
Question.. since I can't stream Netflix (stupid internet) Can you get the the DVD Extras as well or is it just the TV episode or movie?

Some extras, yes are on DVD and you can get.  Some you can't.  For example, when TNG first came out on DVD the season sets at Best Buy had a bonus disc of extra content.  I don't see those on Netflix.  Maybe something will be added in the future, but some bonus content is only available if you bought those sets when they came out.

X

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on April 10, 2011, 10:30:12 AM
So far, the only movie that I've bought a digital copy of that includes extras was Inception. I've not seen many shows that stream the extras. As far as Netflix streaming goes, I don't think that I've seen anything that has the extras in the stream.

turtlesrock

Geekyfanboy

Yeah that would be a big turn off for me when it comes to streaming vs Blu-rays. To watch a movie streaming is fine but I'm one who loves to experience the movie, but watching it and then watching how it was made with all the extras.. so I'll continue to buy Blu-rays of shows I love.

Rico

I haven't ever rented Blu-Rays off Netflix, but with the added storage capacity more extras seem to be coming out for certain films on Blu-Ray.  I know you can rent some of these extra discs on Netflix.  But I'm not sure they stream those too.

Rhen

This is freaking awesome!

Umm, so is there any reason for me to finish buying all the DS9 DVD's now?

turtlesrock

i guess so! i just can't wait!!!!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on April 11, 2011, 02:57:03 PM
I haven't ever rented Blu-Rays off Netflix, but with the added storage capacity more extras seem to be coming out for certain films on Blu-Ray.  I know you can rent some of these extra discs on Netflix.  But I'm not sure they stream those too.

Well, except that the extra discs are getting pulled from Netflix because content distributors want you to buy each and every movie you get.  And then force you to watch the commercials every time you plug it in.  Even if you own it.  -_-....yeah....

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr