• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Redemption

Started by Geekyfanboy, February 15, 2011, 07:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on September 19, 2011, 02:05:03 PM
Kenny - thanks for the info.  Any idea why they just put out an animated trailer at this point?  Do you think we will get another live action trailer before the series starts?

No I think it was just the one, there's been lots of internal issues with this webseries.

Dangelus

Really enjoyed this, Felicia was great.

Rico

Fun start to this series.  I enjoyed the part below especially.   :wub

billybob476

Great ep! Looking forward to the next.

Geekyfanboy

Check out my friend's Greg Aronowitz awesome blog.. if you're not reading it.. you should be.

http://barnyardfx.blogspot.com/2011/10/dragon-age-redemption-episode-1.html

Meds

Fantastic episode, i'm amazed at the quality. Its a winner and great to see Felicia kicking ass and being the business.

Geekyfanboy

Rico

Another cool episode!  Enjoying seeing Felicia in this type of role.

Bryancd

Good fun, nice production quality. Having a bit of a time seeing any sense of hard ass from Felicia Day, she's  a little too cutsie. The rest of the cast is very good, I like the actor playing the Templar Knight.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Bryancd on October 20, 2011, 04:42:21 PM
Good fun, nice production quality. Having a bit of a time seeing any sense of hard ass from Felicia Day, she's  a little too cutsie. The rest of the cast is very good, I like the actor playing the Templar Knight.

Agree Bryan, I don't feel like Felicia Day was well cast for this role, she's not giving me that feeling either.  She's a good actor, but she can really only play the role that she plays in the Guild and Eureka well, anything else just doesn't work as well.

That said, good web series and everyone besides Felicia seems to fit their role well.  I like the Knight they put in too. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on October 20, 2011, 04:56:38 PM

Agree Bryan, I don't feel like Felicia Day was well cast for this role, she's not giving me that feeling either.  She's a good actor, but she can really only play the role that she plays in the Guild and Eureka well, anything else just doesn't work as well.

That said, good web series and everyone besides Felicia seems to fit their role well.  I like the Knight they put in too. 
King

Well Felicia wrote this entire series and created this character for herself. So she did not get "cast" in this role.  And Tim I love how you say that's she's a "good" actor but only in her roles of The Guild and Eureka... talk about typecasting. She's done a lot of other works that are very different then her "geeky" girl type.

I know these are just your opinions but I know how hard she worked on this series and I'm defending my friend :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on October 20, 2011, 05:08:16 PM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on October 20, 2011, 04:56:38 PM

King

Well Felicia wrote this entire series and created this character for herself. So she did not get "cast" in this role.  And Tim I love how you say that's she's a "good" actor but only in her roles of The Guild and Eureka... talk about typecasting. She's done a lot of other works that are very different then her "geeky" girl type.

I know these are just your opinions but I know how hard she worked on this series and I'm defending my friend :)

Hmm, how to explain better......honestly, I can't really explain my thoughts other than her personality doesn't mesh entirely into the roll.  She's still acting well, don't get me wrong.

And I'm probably making it sound like its a mountain when really its a molehill to me.  If she was really that bad I wouldn't watch the 2nd episode. 

You mention she's done other works that are different from her geeky-girl-type, I just haven't seen them myself.  After I saw her in the Guild, it was just Eureka, Buffy and...something else that I can't remember. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jobydrone

I think she's incredible, I love this series and I can't remember seeing her in anything that didn't blow me away with how perfect a woman she is.  It's a shame the game (Dragon Age 2) wasn't more popular or good and garnering more attention for this series. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx