• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Being Human" - SyFy version

Started by Rico, January 17, 2011, 02:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronzo

I re-watched the UK "Being Human" and then watched the SYFY pilot. There are a few things they need to tweak to make the SYFY version work. This is spoiler heavy, so I warned you!

Here are a few of the differences they need to fix in the SYFY version:

1) Not only were they driving on the wrong side of the road, but the steering wheel was on the wrong side of the car.
2) They didn't drink one bit of tea.
3) There is just something sexy about a ghost with an accent (i.e. British accent) compared to one without.

One thing about Josh. As a Jewish Werewolf, when he changes will he still only eat kosher animals? I think deer are kosher.

Also one last item. I think they need to one up the UK version and add one more room mate. I think a zombie would be cool since they are now the "in" thing.

Told you is was filled with spoilers!  :ohbaby

Seriously, I will give it a try. I really like the UK version. Not sure why SYFY didn't buy the original instead of re-making the show.
RONZO ;D

Pyrovile

Quote from: Rico on January 19, 2011, 06:20:01 AM
But what about the sex in the UK version?  That's what I really want to know about!  ;)
Slightly more graphic.
Reavers!

Rico

Quote from: Pyrovile on January 19, 2011, 09:47:52 AM
But what about the sex in the UK version?  That's what I really want to know about!  ;)
Slightly more graphic.

Really?  And we Americans always think of the UK folks as always so proper and reserved!  ;)

X

Quote from: Rico on January 19, 2011, 10:01:16 AM
Quote from: Pyrovile on January 19, 2011, 09:47:52 AM
Slightly more graphic.

Really?  And we Americans always think of the UK folks as always so proper and reserved!  ;)
The sex in all UK shows are more intense than here. Hell, when it shows up here, we edit it out.

Rico

Interesting.  When I visited London it didn't seem all that more graphic on the BBC than here.  Now, when I was in Taiwan or even Germany!  Whoa!  :)

X

Quote from: Rico on January 19, 2011, 11:42:15 AM
Interesting.  When I visited London it didn't seem all that more graphic on the BBC than here.  Now, when I was in Taiwan or even Germany!  Whoa!  :)
You should watch Misfits. Not only do they show some good soft core, there are things they say that would have censors bleeping the entire show.

Example: Guy is on a roof in a costume and girl shows up?

Guy: Why are you taking off your dress?
Girl: I don't want to get <bleep that isn't bleeped> on it

Another example: Girl has rough sex with a guy. Guy has a super power, he wasn't born human and escaped from a zoo. He reverts to his true form later in the episode.

X

In the same series there is a priest getting ... oral pleasure ... while having a conversation with the protagonists.

Feathers

I've always understood that the US is a lot more...tame in terms of what is and isn't allowed on TV. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Geekyfanboy

Oh yeah US versions of show are always much tamer.. the US is a very prudish country compared to the UK. UK will show male/female full frontal and very detailed simulated sex.. you might see something close to that on HBO or Showtime but never on regular cable here in the US

Rico

Are we talking the public paid for channels like the BBC?

Meds

If its on after 9pm its fair game on any channel in the UK. The BBC have put quite a few programmes out that has nudity etc . Being Human is a BBC 3 show, Torchwood, well lots of stuff going on there.

X

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 19, 2011, 02:59:08 PM
If its on after 9pm its fair game on any channel in the UK. The BBC have put quite a few programmes out that has nudity etc . Being Human is a BBC 3 show, Torchwood, well lots of stuff going on there.
This is one of those things we should have imported instead of all the damned tea.

X

Quote from: Rico on January 19, 2011, 02:53:25 PM
Are we talking the public paid for channels like the BBC?
Yep, this is all public tv post watershed.

Rico

Well, I've seen all of "Torchwood" (and I mean the BBC version) and it didn't seem all that risque to me.  But it seem you Brit's are more frisky than I thought.  ;)

Meds

Yup, we love a bit of naked flesh over here, give us some blatant swear words and good old shot of the love goods and you have a happy country. Why do you think the Dutch are always smiling. Its not because of their ham toasties i can tell ya ;)