• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

MASH 4077 Podcast

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 15, 2011, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Quote from: Bryancd on January 18, 2011, 12:32:17 PM

And I think the show suffered a bit from that attempt to change it's identity.

I actually disagree. I think the show improved. I'll talk more about this on the podcast but when you watch every episode in quick succession (which I'm doing) you see a seriousness leak in with Alda's additions and the show went from being 80% comedy to a even break. When you read the books ( I've got three) the role of Hawkeye is not the early version in the tv series but quite like the latter version.

Bryancd

I actually really like Donald Sutherland's characterization of Hawkeye from the film.

Meds

Oh mate I love Donald Sutherland full stop. Tell me you like Kelly's Heroes.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 28, 2011, 05:58:21 AM
Oh mate I love Donald Sutherland full stop. Tell me you like Kelly's Heroes.

Ashamed to say I never watched it.

Rico

"Kelly's Heroes" is an awesome movie.  One of my brother's favorites.

X

I might have to go back and watch MASH when it was on live, the music was the cue for me to turn the channel to something good on tv.

Bryancd

Quote from: X on January 28, 2011, 07:40:19 AM
I might have to go back and watch MASH when it was on live, the music was the cue for me to turn the channel to something good on tv.

Not a fan, I take it.  :D

X

Quote from: Bryancd on January 28, 2011, 08:47:40 AM
Quote from: X on January 28, 2011, 07:40:19 AM

Not a fan, I take it.  :D
I never gave it a chance during reruns, but I was all of seven when it went off the air. I remember that it wasn't a kids show and I just didn't watch it. I've seen some episodes here and there and watched them through, but they weren't must see TV for me.

moyer777

I didn't like it growing up, but once I got out of college I started watching again on reruns, and have to say, that it became quite important to me.  It's statement on the horrors of war, the men and women that are on the front lines and life in general was very revealing.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

For me it was a show I would always watch with my Dad, like Star Trek. :)

Geekyfanboy

yeah I wasn't a huge fan, use to watch it here and there with my Dad, but when I meet Harry he was a HUGE fan and I purchased all the season box sets for him and over the years I have seen every episode and it's turned into one of my favorite non-scifi/fantasy show.

Meds

I was a fan from day one. Well for me it was 1983 and obviously on re-runs. In fact i seem to recall seeing the final first and then BBc re-ran the whole series. I loved everything about it and as i was i n the scouts i had army clothing so i used to have hawkeye written inink on my shirt lol. Silly, i mean look at me now, like i'd have a avatar name to do with MASH.... er oh right.

Bromptonboy

A good friend of mine back in the mid-80's used to alternate each year between a Gilligans Island Party, and a MASH party - he had the pyramid tent, and did the place up just like The Swamp.  You had to wear olive-drab fatigues.  Needless to say, these parties were the greatest.
Pete

Feathers

I've obviously seen enough of it over the years but it never particularly grabbed me. I think my watching any of it was more a reflection of the limited chaoice available to TV viewers than anything else.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

moyer777

Great first episode guys!  LOVED it. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com