• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Spielberg's TV series Terra Nova Series coming this fall

Started by Danieru_x, January 12, 2011, 07:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danieru_x

Just saw this on comingsoon.net, seems like a very interesting series, whereby Humans travel back in time to the age of Dinosaurs. With Speilberg at the helm, it promises to be a hit (I hope). Have a read and let me know what you think. Let me know if this has already been posted somewhere I didn't know about.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=73148

On a sidenote, it seems that the series is being filmed in my home state of Queensland Australia. I hope that the recent floods haven't affected the show in any way, although I believe they should have finished shooting for now since they began in October 2010.

Geekyfanboy

Hmmm I thought we had a thread for this already.. but I guess not.. yeah this was suppose to come out last fall on Fox but was postponed until later this year. There has been lots of production problem plaguing this series.. they just released the first image which wasn't that impressive that's why I didn't post it. But I have high hopes for this series.

WillEagle

Rico

WillEagle

Danieru_x

I gotta say it looks like the offspring of Jurassic Park and Waterworld.

Bromptonboy

yeah - that gate looks like it is just to keep large creatures - things out..
Pete

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Here's the first look at this new series.. this was huge surprise during the Super Bowl last weekend.. What do you think?

Welcome to TERRA NOVA

Rico

I wonder if there is a reason they plunk a bunch of humans down in the age of dinosaurs rather than another time period?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on February 08, 2011, 01:27:15 PM
I wonder if there is a reason they plunk a bunch of humans down in the age of dinosaurs rather than another time period?

Yeah that seems to be the burning question.. why go back so far.. why not go back a few thousands years.. hopefully they will answer this question.

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on February 08, 2011, 02:16:20 PM
Quote from: Rico on February 08, 2011, 01:27:15 PM

Yeah that seems to be the burning question.. why go back so far.. why not go back a few thousands years.. hopefully they will answer this question.

Because it "Land of the Lost" with better visuals! I better see me some Sleestaks! :)

WillEagle

I wasn't expecting that ad either but what a good surprise!

Ktrek

Is this the American response to the the hit British TV show Primeval? Kind of looks like it to me. I'll probably watch it though as it looks fun.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

X

While it has some concepts like Primeval, I think those concepts are far older and pop up every decade or so. Sliders, Quantum Leap, Time Tunnel, that movie Timeline, land of the Lost, even the planet of the Ape remake.

I think it's less of a response to Primeval and more of them doing what they've been doing for the last 50 years or so.