• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Star Trek: Kelvin"

Started by Rico, September 25, 2010, 05:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just a fan video due to a recent story that cited Trek as being one of the top properties that should return to TV.  This is pretty cool!

Star Trek: Kelvin Intro

Rico

KingIsaacLinksr

Ok, if nothing else, that first intro needs to be used in the next Star Trek Film, that was pure awesome.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

wraith1701

That is freakin' cool.  Imagine tuning in every Friday to watch an ongoing series on syfi...

I WANT STAR TREK BACK ON TV!!!

Rico

I have a pretty good feeling that if the next movie is another success we will get Trek back on TV.  Very likely with some of the same creative people (writers/producers) as the movies.  And I'd bet my MR Phaser it will be set in the "JJ Trek-verse."  ;)

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on September 27, 2010, 09:06:08 AM
  And I'd bet my MR Phaser it will be set in the "JJ Trek-verse."  ;)
\For sure, no way they go back to classic Trek at this point. Too much positive momentum and buzz around the new iteration. To go back would be confusing for both new and old fans.

Rico

Not to mention very little "baggage" to deal with then after a total of 30 seasons of previous other Trek.

orangegorn

Those were great!  I would totally prefer to see a USS Kelvin tv series over another USS Enterprise series.  Either way, we're way overdue for a new Trek series!

Meds

Great video's but i do have a problem with the Kelvin design, it looks well, crap lol.

Geekyfanboy

Great video.. but I miss the original Trek. The new stuff is cool.. but it will never be "Star Trek" to me.

jonno8339

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 28, 2010, 01:06:54 PM
Great video's but i do have a problem with the Kelvin design, it looks well, crap lol.

I think the its a destroyer class of Starship. My first thought was it was upside down, deflector dish on top???
In life all you need to be happy is a roof over your head, a bottle of wine and a good episode of Star Trek....everything else is a bonus.

Jobydrone

Man I so much want another TNG movie or series, with those characters as the focus.  Titan maybe?  I bet they could get everyone but Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner, and even they would probably do guest spots.  It could work! 

I know, it will never happen.  But I hate that their story just seems unfinished.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Ktrek

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on October 29, 2010, 06:09:23 AM
Man I so much want another TNG movie or series, with those characters as the focus.  Titan maybe?  I bet they could get everyone but Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner, and even they would probably do guest spots.  It could work! 

I know, it will never happen.  But I hate that their story just seems unfinished.

Read the post Nemesis books. Better stories than you have seen on screen anyway!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Feathers

The first one was excellent - I was waiting to see what was waiting for them as they came out of warp. Little did I know it would be the end of the film :( ;)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.