• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Star Trek: Kelvin"

Started by Rico, September 25, 2010, 05:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Quote from: Ktrek on October 29, 2010, 07:20:58 AM
Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on October 29, 2010, 06:09:23 AM
Man I so much want another TNG movie or series, with those characters as the focus.  Titan maybe?  I bet they could get everyone but Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner, and even they would probably do guest spots.  It could work! 

I know, it will never happen.  But I hate that their story just seems unfinished.

Read the post Nemesis books. Better stories than you have seen on screen anyway!

Kevin
You're referring to the Titan series?  I read the first one and did not enjoy it, didn't bother with the rest.  I might go try again someday.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Ktrek

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on October 29, 2010, 08:20:53 AM
Quote from: Ktrek on October 29, 2010, 07:20:58 AM
Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on October 29, 2010, 06:09:23 AM
Man I so much want another TNG movie or series, with those characters as the focus.  Titan maybe?  I bet they could get everyone but Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner, and even they would probably do guest spots.  It could work!  

I know, it will never happen.  But I hate that their story just seems unfinished.

Read the post Nemesis books. Better stories than you have seen on screen anyway!

Kevin
You're referring to the Titan series?  I read the first one and did not enjoy it, didn't bother with the rest.  I might go try again someday.

No...although the Titan series are not so bad. I was talking about these in this order:

Death in Winter - Michael Jan Friedman
Resistance - J M Dillard
Q&A - Keith R A DeCandido
Before Dishonor - Peter David
Greater Than the Sum - Christopher L. Bennett
The Destiny Trilogy - David Mack (probably the best Trek books ever written and the pay off of the previous books)
A Singular Destiny - Keith R A DeCandido (this begins the post Destiny books of the recovery of the Federation from the devastaing Borg invasion of the previous novels)
Keeping The Peace - William Lesiner
Typhon Pact book one - Zero Sum Game

There will be three more Typhon Pact books that carry the story forward over the next few months.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Jobydrone

Thanks I haven't read any of these, I'll check them out (if I can find them)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx