• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Pray for Angela from Anomaly

Started by Jen, September 20, 2010, 05:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Hi everyone. I hate to pop in with news like this, but my best friend and Anomaly co-host, Angela, asked me to let our friends and listeners know what's going on. Today at 11:30 am Central time, here in Texas, Angela will be having surgery to remove a malignant tumor from her body. It's rather large and it has to be taken out ASAP.

This all has happened rather suddenly. She found out she had the tumor two weeks ago and learned it is cancer this past Friday. We don't know yet how bad it is, as most of the diagnosis is done during surgery. Those of you who believe in a higher power, pray for her today.... if you don't, please just humor her. Pray for peace of mind, strength, renewed health.... pray for the surgeons and for her family.  

I will also be announcing this on Twitter. If you have an account there, we would so appreciate a retweet of the information. My Twitter name is @Sevryll (capital "S" and two "l's")

Rico, Meds, Kenny and Rick...we share listeners. I won't be able to put this information in the Anomaly feed, because Angela is the one that usually does that and I don't have access to it. But, the next time you record, would you mind telling our shared listeners that Anomaly will return. Angela is insistent that we record something while she's on bed rest. We just won't have anything to put up for a few weeks. We don't want people to think we're podfading, especially since I've been on hiatus because of baby.

FYI, she does NOT want this information on Facebook, so friends...don't post anything there. She doesn't want it getting back to family who don't know yet.

I will be updating everyone on the results of the surgery and her condition today. So, check our blog @ http://www.anomalypodcast.blogspot.com Thank you all. We appreciate your friendship. Jen
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

Wow! My prayers are with her. Tell her that I hope that things go well.

Bryancd

For sure, our thoughts, prayers, and love are with her.

jedijeff

Wow, that is some bad news, will be in my prayers

Bryancd

Jen, if you are still here, where was it found in her?

billybob476

Jen

Quote from: Bryancd on September 20, 2010, 06:27:50 AM

It's in her intestinal track. It's pretty unusual for a woman her age. She's  young and she's been working out and loosing weight so it is more likely that she will recover than it would be for an older individual with multiple health issues.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

RickPeete

I will be keeping Angela and her family in my prayers. May God guide her surgeons well.

billybob476

My mother had a tumour in her intestinal tract a few years back. She had it removed, recovered from the surgery very quickly and then went though a light round of chemo (just be sure they got everything). There have been no issues since.

The chemo wasn't the most enjoyable thing to go though, but she didn't stop working (just took the day of the treatment off), didn't lose her hair and now just has to go for yearly colonoscopies to be sure all remains well.

I hope beyond all hope that Angela has the same result.

Bryancd

Quote from: Jen on September 20, 2010, 06:54:30 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on September 20, 2010, 06:27:50 AM

It's in her intestinal track. It's pretty unusual for a woman her age. She's  young and she's been working out and loosing weight so it is more likely that she will recover than it would be for an older individual with multiple health issues.

That's is odd but as you say, much more treatable than a cancer in the lymphatic system, less likely to have spread. Again, we will keep her in our prayers.

Rico

Jen, please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Angela.  I know her good spirits will see her through this along with the support of family and all of her friends from around the world.  If there is anything more I can do or you need any help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

P.S.  Is there any type of donation fund or anything like that setup?  I know no matter what your health care plan is these days, it won't cover everything.

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on September 20, 2010, 07:03:43 AM
P.S.  Is there any type of donation fund or anything like that setup?  I know no matter what your health care plan is these days, it won't cover everything.

/seconded. I'd love to help in some small way.

Meds

Will definately do that Jen, I've already put Anonaly promos out and I'm doing a waffle blog tonight so I'll bring some old Anomaly episodes up in the text.

Pass on to Angela ( I'm sure you already have) our best wishes, hugs and tell we've got a blood stained cricket bag, a man called Shaun and some zombies waiting for her.

Jen

Quote from: Rico on September 20, 2010, 07:03:43 AM
Jen, please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Angela.  I know her good spirits will see her through this along with the support of family and all of her friends from around the world.  If there is anything more I can do or you need any help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

P.S.  Is there any type of donation fund or anything like that setup?  I know no matter what your health care plan is these days, it won't cover everything.

She asked me not to start any sort of fund. She said they are well take care of, but thank you very much for offering. I know she will appreciate it. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

What would really help is if you guys sent get well voice mails or emails to Anomaly. I'll make sure she gets them all. :) http://www.anomalypodcast.com There's a contact page there along with a google voice widget.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Have sent her a email via gmail. :D