USS Enterprise owners workshop manual.

Started by davekill, June 02, 2010, 12:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

If you enjoy getting your hands dirty, or just curious about what makes it go - Haynes offers the best repair manuals for us shade tree mechanics.

This September, the Enterprise edition will be available too  :)

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_Owners'_Workshop_Manual

Feathers

Will it tell me how to get access to change the bulb in the flashing Navigation light on the saucer section?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Yeah - I think I mentioned this on a recent podcast.  Looks like a great guide book.

Feathers

I knew I'd heard of it somewhere - I'd guess it was on the podcast.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

sheldor

I'll be waiting to hear when one of you builds it in your backyard. Also, if you see a young guy on a cycle trying to get a sneak peak - shoot on sight!! :D

davekill

I had pre-ordered the Enterprise Haynes Manual this month and got an update from Amazon:  Yay!

Ben Robinson, Marcus Riley "Star Trek: U.S.S. Enterprise: Haynes Manual"
  Previous estimated arrival date: November 19 2010 - November 23 2010
  New estimated arrival date: November 05 2010 - November 09 2010

http://www.startrek.com/article/haynes-enterprise-manual-co-author-ben-robinson-interview

Excerpt from the Haynes Enterprise Manual Co-author Ben Robinson Interview.

"I have to say that the single most satisfying chapter was the NX-01, and a lot of the credit for that should go to Doug Drexler, who designed it. Doug was amazingly generous with his time and pulled out sketches and diagrams from his files that revealed all sorts of things he'd put into the ship that never made it on to screen. That ship's incredibly well thought-out and there's masses of fantastic detail that we were able to include in the book."

Don't let yours get away.

loutzee

Enterprise Manual I alway thought it was an automatic(  I'm very sorry )
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

billybob476

RickPeete

That's interesting because Amazon sent me an email a few weeks agomsaying they could not obtain the manual and were canceling my pre order!

davekill

It must be a clerical error?
I hope they get their act together and you get yours soon too.

RickPeete

Strange indeed.  I just went back onto Amazon and preordered the book again.  Hopefully, this time it will work.

Meds

Hmm mine is on its way, should be with my by Saturday.

wraith1701

Does anyone know if this will have deck plans, etc. for the New JJ Enterprise?  Because that would be freakin' COOL.  :)

Meds

Mine arrived yesterday and it's awesome. Eric it only has the Enterprises from NX-01 to NCC-1701-E and it's the tv series NCC-1701 :)

Bryancd

That does look very cool. Are there any other good pics of the content online, Meds? Please tell me they correctly position the TOS bridge crooked!