Main Menu

Lost Season Six - The Final Season

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldor

My head is spinning   :confused :ohmy

Ronzo

I have three possible conclusions so far:
1) Rod Serling comes back from the dead stating, "The characters were lost in the Twilight Zone and the ending is left to your immagination."
2) Spock Prime does a crossover and expains it was the "red matter's fault"
or
3)
Jeff Propst appears and declares a winner!!

RONZO :roflmao

moyer777

I vote for 2.

That was ver funny.  :)

Give the man oversized shoes. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

Really Enjoyed Last night LOST. Locke based stories are always very solid in my opinion.
[spoiler]Really liked the Alternate story line for Locke. The Alternate Locke's life seems a bit better, but not much. He was very stubborn, and not very willing to take others help when offered. Maybe that is the charm of that version of Locke, in that he wants to take on whatever is in front of him on his own. I was a bit surprised he took Hurly up on his offer for another Job placement, but struggled with going to Jack for a consultation, and scrapped any plans to do that by the end of the episode. I am liking these alternate story lines, will be interesting to see where they take them.
Sawyer made a good rebound from last weeks episode, really liked how he was able to read this Smokey Locke pretty well, but on the other hand, Smokey Locke seems to be pulling the right strings for Sawyer. I was half expecting Smokey Locke to just leave Sawyer in that cave after they arrived. Given that Smokey Locke left for a bit to chase down that mysterious kid and Sawyer had that short encounter with Richard, I guess one could argue that each other is pulling each strings. I get the feeling as well, that the real Locke, that we haven't seen the last of him, even though he was buried.  [/spoiler]

Rico

Good thoughts Jeff.  I liked last night's episode too quite a bit.

[spoiler]There is a good dynamic between Sawyer and Smokey Locke.  I've always liked Sawyer.  As far as the cave, why did we see only a few names?  No Kate on the ceiling.  Is she not worthy?  I thought it was interesting that Smokey Locke had to cross off Locke's name.  It seems Smokey can't leave the island without help.  And back in the alternate timeline, why do these people from Oceanic 815 keep running into each other?  Is it destiny?  Anyway, interesting stuff.[/spoiler]

moyer777

Yeah, I liked this episode too. for  a lot of reasons... the only problem with it is...

THEY ARE TOO SHORT!!!!  Just when it gets interesting.  We have to wait for next week. :)

Bromptonboy

I enoyed this episode!
[spoiler]I wonder why Baby Aaron or Walt were\are so important?  I didn't see their names - or Kate for that matter - on the walls.[/spoiler]
Pete

jedijeff

Quote from: Rico on February 17, 2010, 09:43:52 AM
Good thoughts Jeff.  I liked last night's episode too quite a bit.

[spoiler]There is a good dynamic between Sawyer and Smokey Locke.  I've always liked Sawyer.  As far as the cave, why did we see only a few names?  No Kate on the ceiling.  Is she not worthy?  I thought it was interesting that Smokey Locke had to cross off Locke's name.  It seems Smokey can't leave the island without help.  And back in the alternate timeline, why do these people from Oceanic 815 keep running into each other?  Is it destiny?  Anyway, interesting stuff.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think with Kates name being excluded, it must be intentional, so I am guessing she must not be a candidate, or other plans for her. It was cool to see the numbers tied to the names, as each person had a number beside them. I agree about the alternate timeline and folks running into each other, must be some sort of destiny, Locke ran into Hurly and Rose pretty quickly after his trip back from Australia.[/spoiler]

Quote from: moyer777 on February 17, 2010, 02:35:56 PM
Yeah, I liked this episode too. for  a lot of reasons... the only problem with it is...

THEY ARE TOO SHORT!!!!  Just when it gets interesting.  We have to wait for next week. :)

I agree Rick, the episodes do go by fast

JoSpiv

I LOVE Lost.   You all can hear me on my Lost Podcast.  It's called The Lost Flashbacks.  

My original theory though did not come true as I believed the Others were all Cylons and the show would end as the Battlestar Galactica hovered over head and Admiral Adama ordered the Island nuked!!   LOL

But yeah, I very much love Lost.   Glad to be back on the forums!
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Rico

I'm enjoying the season a lot too and nice to see you back with us Jo!

sheldor

Anyone else think that "smokey" is the one who used the lighthouse?  We have now 2 places with the names recorded.

Rico

Interesting Sayid episode last night.  I'm still not quite sure who or what to believe.  Each week seems to just give us more questions.  One thing I'm getting a bit concerned about is how they are pacing this last season.  I'm a bit worried they are going to be waiting until the 2 hr. finale to reveal things.  I can understand that, but I know when we get there it's probably going to seem rushed.  I hope I'm wrong and I'm enjoying the season so far, but I do have a few concerns if this is all really going to satisfy us.

sheldor

Me too - we really don't know who is the bad guy.  It could still be Jacob - but I doubt that. - but not 100%   So the numbers are nothing more than degrees on a compass?   They have no meaning?  What made hurley play those numbers in the lottery?  I get the impression Jacob and Smokey are looking for their successors - like Rosemary's baby.   I like the whole science vs faith theme.

10 more episodes - they COULD do 5 days/week and we can have this wrapped up in 2 weeks. :)

The other thing that concerns me - they cannot end this without ticking off viewers and it could hurt FlashForward because its pretty much the same format.

jedijeff

I agree, interesting Sayid Episode last night. To be honest, I was not expecting much, since the promo for it said there would be questions answered, so I knew that would probably not be the case.

I agree with Mark as well, depending on how they end this, could sort of decide the future of Flashforward. I read an article yesterday, where they indicated Flashforward was on Shaky ground and they were retooling a bit as there were complaints about some of the Episodes so far. I found that surprising since I enjoyed all of them to date, but that is probably a discussion for a different thread

I agree as well about the pacing in the past few Epsiodes, the stories have been great, just with so few Episodes left, I would think the episodes would move things along more quicker or more dramatically.

[spoiler]Wondering if they are setting up for some sort of Show down between Smokey Locke and his group and the rest on the Island. It sure did seem like at the end of the Episode, he had some sort of control over that group and Sayid had some sort of blank look on his face. Plus it felt to me, the way Sayid dispatched of those 2 others, that it was more for Locke then himself.
The Flash sideways was interesting, mostly for pairing up Sayid with Jin at the end of the Episode. But the rest of that story seemed like Typical Sayid, pushed into something he may not have wanted to do, but when faced with killing the people causing his brother problems, had no issues doing it. Seeing Keamy again, that guy still gives me the creeps, not a likable guy in any reality.
[/spoiler]

moyer777

I enjoyed the last few episodes too.  They go by so fast, and that is a symptom of great story writing.  Lost has the whole package.  By now, we care so much for the characters and are intrigued by what is going on that I am on the edge of my seat watching.  It is so intense.  Claire is freaking me out.  She is really creepy right now. :)