• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Lost Season Six - The Final Season

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

Quote from: Rico on February 03, 2010, 09:37:41 AM
Yeah - who knows.  They have a full season (less 2 episodes) to go to answer things.  One other thing bugged me a little...

[spoiler]Why wasn't Shannon on the plane with Boone?  He said she didn't want to go with him.  That's not how it happened before.  Is this just because they couldn't get the actress back?  Or is this another example of it being an alternate reality?  Ok, my head hurts now.[/spoiler]

Cool to see LOST back Last night. Been waiting so long, so this season will feel very bitter sweet.

[spoiler]In terms of Shannon, maybe the actress Maggie Grace??? , wasn't available. Boone did say he went to Australia and she did not want to come back, so it sort of fits with that Alternate reality angle they were playing. I thought it was cool to see that annoying Science teacher pop up again. Jack sort of had a feeling that things were different, so will be interesting to see how that Alternate story line plays into the Prime one (if I can call it prime  ;D ). To be honest, I am not sure what to think of Alternate timeline, it is already in Fringe, and the Star Trek movie, so I am hoping that the LOST story does not focus on it to much. Maybe this Alternate Story arc is to show what peoples lives would have been, without the event that happened with flight 815. Another thought, is maybe it was not a causes of the bomb detonation, but of Jacob getting killed, most likely not, but just a thought.
I thinking along the same lines as others, that Sayid might now be Jacob, as maybe Jacob needed a new body to inhabit, so was the reason he told Hurley to take Sayid to the Temple. Hurley can see dead people, so I guess it makes sense Jacob would communicate with him[/spoiler]

moyer777

if you watch the interview with the writers, it explains some of that.  :) Kind of  cool.

Rico

Quote from: moyer777 on February 03, 2010, 05:59:02 PM
if you watch the interview with the writers, it explains some of that.  :) Kind of  cool.

I kind of feel like you shouldn't have to watch interviews and other things to know what's going on in the show.  But it's nice they are offering some extra help for people.

moyer777

I agree.  But now it's so crazy, they don't have enough time to put it all in the show!  :)

Dangelus

I'm so glad Lost is back! Great form as usual, I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Geekyfanboy

Finally watched the last four hours or seasons Four and the first two hours of season Five last night.. it's was a six hour Lost marathon... still digesting all that I saw.. So glad I didn't have to wait six month between seasons..

I've loved Lost since I saw the pilot at comic con in 2004 and still loving to today.. it's confusing and crazy at times but it's such a fun roller coaster ride and I look forward to this final season. I haven't a clue what's happening or where it's going but you know what... I don't care... I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Geekyfanboy

This is a pretty cool video..

Oceanic 815 Both Timelines Side By Side

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

KingIsaacLinksr

I don't think we give the Lost producers enough credit.  This show is still very good, and I just can't wait for the end.  Hurry up!!  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

What did you guys think of Lost last night.. I won't go into spoilers yet but I enjoyed it. Not alot happened but they did advance the story a bit.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on February 10, 2010, 11:20:31 AM
What did you guys think of Lost last night.. I won't go into spoilers yet but I enjoyed it. Not alot happened but they did advance the story a bit.
I haven't done last night yet, but I am loving it. 
Pete

moyer777

I really enjoyed it in HD.  I'm getting used to it being so much more detailed.  You could see freckles, beard stuble and the like.  As far as the plost was concerned:

[spoiler]I enjoyed the whole poisin in a pill deal, the alternate we are home timeline is getting kind of cool.  I like seeing the different people pop up in such different places than you would think.  I really like the leader of the anti smoke monster people.  He is scary, and yet intriguing. Glad he saved Jack from swallowing.  :) [/spoiler]

KingIsaacLinksr

Wowsers, this keeps getting good. Keep explaining things !!!

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

sheldor

I'm just enjoying the ride.  Its interesting how in the alternate reality, they still develop the relationships they had on the island (Claire/Kate, Jack/Locke).  Kind of affirms the whole "Luke, its your destiny" idea but I don't think Neo would like that idea much. :)

jedijeff

I thought LOST was really cool last night, I think I am going to really enjoy this season. Might not be as crazy as last seasons, but so far, really cool

[spoiler]I am really liking this Alternate Storyline as well, they fit it in very nicely with the main story on the island. Reminds me of the Flashbacks from the first few seasons. I liked how Kate and Claire befriended each other after leaving the airport, and how Kate was looking out for Claire, and in a sense helped her with her baby, sort of what she has/had done on the island and off. All the bit players popping up as well is fun, like Ethan as the doctor in the hospital.
The whole thing about Sayid being claimed just like Claire is going to be interesting, to see if he does turn dark. Claire seems pretty crazy now, so maybe that is the way Sayid will go as well. Those others are real puzzling as well, the poison pill really got me, good thing Jack is the person he is, as anyone else probably would have given it to Sayid.[/spoiler]