• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Season 11 OOC

Started by Rico, December 05, 2009, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I've been asked to post up a change about the running of the RPG.  Jen is stepping down as moderator for the time being and Meds and Just X (Chris) will be stepping in to keep the RPG moving along.  I know Jen is probably feeling very busy these days and I know we all will miss her leadership for the RPG.  I know Meds and Chris have already been having some discussions about the upcoming season and I know everyone will support them in their new roles.  They are shooting to start season 11 in January and want everyone to start thinking about their characters and who you will be bringing in to the new season to write for.  Thanks everyone for their continued awesome work on this exciting part of the forum.  And a very special thanks to Jen for working so hard and spending so much time on this for all this time.   :metallica:

Meds

Thanks Rico.
OK so we'll be kicking off in early January so everyones got a month to either create a character or to upgrade their current one. All writers new and old please let us know either here in this thread or by emailing/PMing me about coming into season 11.

NEW WRITERS
We are always looking for new writers and this is your ideal time to jump in and have a go. We don't expect you to be writing a post everyday but if you want to great but at least one a week would be ideal. Its easy and fun to do and you will have all the support from myself and Chris and the other writers. Joint posts are always great fun and we promotes that as much as possible so if there is anyone you want to write with just ask them.

If you need help or advice on creating a character PM me and I'll help you out as much as I can. If you have any questions regarding anything on Trek then Just X (Chris ) is your man.

CURRENT WRITERS
OK gang, we're back on track. Could you all please let us know if you are coming back and joining in, there will be some small changes to how the season runs but more on that later. Put it this way we're thinking of shorter seasons so everyone keeps on track. I know we have writers who post several times a week and some who post every now and again, that's fine. We all have other things to do and personal lives to deal with but i hope you all come back and make season 11 great.

Jen is still in the RPG and will be writing her characters of Sevryll and Ryla so please remember she's always up for joint posts.

On a personal note myself and Chris are stepping in to keep the RPG going. I hope we can keep up the excellent work that Jen and Kenny have been doing and that it remains fun. BUT!!! this RPG cannot work without you. If we do not have you excellent writers then this game is nothing. Also to our readers and listeners we hope you continue to enjoy our little Trek into the final froniter.

X

Yeah, what they said!  :)

Seriously, I'm really honored to be working on this with the fine people that do what you do so well. Right now, we haven't opened the first bottle of wine to discuss the season, but we have some ideas.

I think that these ideas might be nice for keeping the game flowing AND reducing those lulls that we normally have.

So I guess everyone should stay tuned to the boards for information and other cool stuff.

Okay now I'm going to go get the buffy musical out of my head before I start quoting.

Shelby D

I will be back this season as Shelby Daelen .

iceman

I unfortunately will probably be out for the next season at least as the recent elbow surgery needs time to heal, However if someone would like to make a post for me from time to time that would be fine by me as it would at least keep my character around.

thanks

John

Meds

Ok john if you can let us know what you'd like your character doing we'll sort that out.

Welcome back Crystal, fantastic to have you aboard it's gonna be fun :)

iceman

Since i am an MD as well as a bridge officer now feel free to use me on the bridge and as an extra surgeon when needed and include me in the officer briefings where necessary.

Thanks in advance.

John

Bryancd

Quote from: Dark Side on December 06, 2009, 02:15:24 AM
I will be back this season as Shelby Daelen .

...and I shall return as Shelby's project du jour, Nalah! Time to get back in touch with my feminine side. :)

Meds

NIce one Bryan, good to have you back. :)

X

Good to have you back BCD!

cosmonaut

New leadership... does this mean I schmoozed Kenny and Jen for nothing? ;)

I have given it some thought and reached the point where giving it more thought won't progress matters anymore, so decided to give it a try.

I want to join the crew for the coming season! :)

X

Meds

Welcome aboard cosmonaut, Please feel free to schmooze up to the new mods. :D

cosmonaut

Quote from: Just X on December 06, 2009, 03:06:41 PM
Welcome aboard!
Thank you, Sir! :)
Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on December 06, 2009, 03:08:14 PM
Welcome aboard cosmonaut, Please feel free to schmooze up to the new mods. :D
Yes Sir, I will do my very best! ;P

Bryancd

Quote from: cosmonaut on December 06, 2009, 03:00:55 PM
New leadership... does this mean I schmoozed Kenny and Jen for nothing? ;)

Yep, now we have to kiss Meds and X's butt's...oh the humility... ;)