• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Season 11 OOC

Started by Rico, December 05, 2009, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

SKYPE CALL FOR WRITERS OF SEASON 11

Ok we're planning a skype call on Sunday the 20th of December. Aiming for a 8pm (UK time) start. Can you please let us know if you can make it and if the time is ok. :)

cosmonaut

Jen

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on December 09, 2009, 02:00:15 PM
SKYPE CALL FOR WRITERS OF SEASON 11

Ok we're planning a skype call on Sunday the 20th of December. Aiming for a 8pm (UK time) start. Can you please let us know if you can make it and if the time is ok. :)

Cool. What will you be discussing? Character development? Storyline?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Quote from: Jen on December 10, 2009, 11:41:20 AM

Cool. What will you be discussing? Character development? Storyline?

Yup we'll be introducing each other (not everyone has done a writers call before) chat about character development and indeed the storyline. We already have a rough plot line but would love to hear imput and ideas being thrown inot the plot. :)

Shelby D

Bryancd

Jamie is running the Tuscon Marathon on Sunday and we will be driving home, but Crystal can speak for me in regards to some of our thoughts with our two characters. :)

Meds

Ok that's cool Bry, if you can mAke sure you've given Crystal all your notes etc that would be great.

X

Yeah, we won't hunt you down if you can't make it.

cosmonaut

Quote from: Just X on December 11, 2009, 05:58:48 AM
Yeah, we won't hunt you down if you can't make it.
Mainly because we would never catch Bryan, he'd outrun every single one of us. ;)

Bryancd

Crystal and I have already begun brainstorming hwo we might like to see Shelby and Nalah proceed early in the new season. She and i are on the same page. :)

Bromptonboy

Hey, can 'outsiders' listen in on the call - or is it a closed session?  I would love to see how the process goes - and perhaps contribute in the future.
Pete

Meds

Sure come along who knows you may even suddenly get the urge to write with us or contribute via the ready room. Either way you are more than welcome.

X

Just a reminder, 8pm UK is 3pm Eastern and Noon Pacific.

X

Okay good folk, we're getting close to announcing the official start date of season 11 Episode 1. I know that many of you are already hard at work behind the scenes plotting ideas and brainstorming what to write.

Now is the time where we do the lovely process of housekeeping and weeding before the season starts.

For those of you not in a command position, bridge staff, or department head, it's will pretty much be business as usual.

For one of you in the mentioned positions, I need you to email Meds and I if you will be able to continue to write for those positions.

Some of the characters in those positions have other PCs in their department and we really need those people to step up and work with those characters and run their departments. Some departments don't have other PCs under them and the expectation of participation is lowered.

If you for any reason feel that you can't run a department and commit to the time needed to manage it, that's understandable. As it stands, we need writers in those positions to help move the story and we fully understand that time is a precious commodity these days and not everyone is able to make that commitment.

I'm going to assume that we're on a blank slate. If you can make the commitment to be a department head, let me and meds know. If you are already a department head and don't think you can make that commitment, let me and meds know. Either way, we need to know what's going on.

If there are changes that need to be made, we'll do it off screen and have things settled by the start of the season.

So that we're also on the same page, I think it might help the heads to know who's in their departments. If you are going to be joining us for this episode, please reply on this thread with the department your character(s) is/are a part of.

X

I've received a few PMs and email from most of the department heads, but I'm still missing a response from some of you. I'm going to give it a few more days then assume that there might be conflict that will prevent you from the commitment level needed to be a department head. IF that is the case, we completely understand, but we do need strong and consistent writers in those positions. Given that there will be a shakeup in the current command structure at the start of the episode, it might be better to do a shuffling of the crew and their positions to something that's more in line with the amount of writing that everyone can contribute.

If anyone has any ideas on positions that they would like to try, let Meds and I know. It might be able to happen with all of these changes.