• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Anyone else had this issue?

Started by Allen, November 09, 2009, 05:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen

it's been more than a month since I've been able to visit Treksinscifi.com. I knew there was no problem with the site. It was an issue on my end. My ISP kept trying to tell me it was a firewall issue on my computer. Even without any firewall I still couldn't access it. I finally convinced them to check something on their end, and now I'm back.

I'm pretty sure this was a local thing, very local, but has anyone else had this issue with Qwest? or any other ISP? with this site or others?
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Rico

Well that's very bizarre.  What ISP do you use?

Allen

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Bromptonboy

What error message did you get when trying to reach the site?  When I am at work, I cannot see linked content in forum message  - and have to wait until I get home to watch.  In this instance it is my company fire wall.  The nerve of those people blocking that stuff while I am at work!  :)
Pete

Feathers

Never come across anything like that. The nearest I've been was an ISP server issue blocking iTunes App Store downloads. I could browse but not buy.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Allen

it was just the typical 404 not found message. I was just curious with all this talk of 'net neutrality and all that, I'm beginning to suspect that Qwest/MSN are trying to do some stuff. I've had issues with streaming media like YouTube being extremely slow, but msn video runs great.

Being the geeks that we all are, I was just curious what others had to say.