• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

New Dual Monitor Setup

Started by moyer777, November 12, 2009, 04:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

I had a really cool listener of my THWY podcast give me a computer system.  I had two monitors, so I set up a new dual monitor system.  I LOVE IT!  I'm now starting to get used to reading off of one and recording with the other. 

I got a really cool rocker arm mic stand that fits right into my computer desk.  That has really helped.  Doing this full time with a regular mic stand was causing significant challenges, considering this is the back part of our family room.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Bromptonboy

Pete

Feathers

I sometimes still get amazed that all this is even possible in someone's beck bedroom (or wherever!). Affordable technology has moved so far, so fast in such a short space of time!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

cosmonaut

Quote from: Feathers on November 13, 2009, 03:58:35 AM
I sometimes still get amazed that all this is even possible in someone's beck bedroom (or wherever!). Affordable technology has moved so far, so fast in such a short space of time!
So true, mixing consoles for example used to cost a fortune and it was an art to use them. Once the perfect setting was found you left it alone till you finished your project. The digital version is not only far cheaper but you can save your settings, it's quite cool, load the setting and all the little levers move as if by a ghost's hand! Don't know which low budget movie it was, but the guy responsible for the sound had one in his garage!!! :)

Bromptonboy

Yes, but don't we all sometimes have strong retro-longings?  Like for good old CP/M, 8" floppy drives, or maybe even an AS/400 to prop your feet on with a green-screen to warm your hands....

Ah, those were happy times!  :)

Pete

jedijeff

That Picture makes me want to get a Dual Monitor setup. I had one for a few days, but then one of my Monitors died. I am hoping in the new Year I can get another Monitor, and try that setup again.

X

Quote from: Feathers on November 13, 2009, 03:58:35 AM
It's been pretty cheap to do since the mid 90's. All you need is a good video card or a second one. and the monitors of course

Bromptonboy

2 Monitors...once you have been to Paris, how will you keep them on the farm?
Pete

sheldor

Quote from: moyer777 on November 12, 2009, 04:25:30 PM
I had a really cool listener of my THWY podcast give me a computer system.  I had two monitors, so I set up a new dual monitor system.  I LOVE IT!  I'm now starting to get used to reading off of one and recording with the other. 

I got a really cool rocker arm mic stand that fits right into my computer desk.  That has really helped.  Doing this full time with a regular mic stand was causing significant challenges, considering this is the back part of our family room.  :)

Wow - that looks nice.

moyer777

Thanks!  I am loving it.  VERY useful.  I'm putting together the big Scrooge audio drama, and it is nice to have a lot of space to work with.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

These days I'd love to have any sort of desktop machine at all. It's too many years since we had one of those.

Dual monitor setups are proliferating at work now but I haven't yet succumbed. Like everything, if you want it you have to go and badger IT and fill in all sorts of forms. I really don't have the time or inclination.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.