• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Saw this the other day :D

Rico

Awesome!  I see a Trek Pic of the day for that one!

Meds

It's a awesome picture isn't it. I think emailed you this yesterday Rico.

wraith1701

SWEET.  Just 2 years to go. :)

Bryancd

Is it a fan made composite or an actual Paramount release, Meds?

Meds

Meds

Another one popped up.

wraith1701

Very cool.  :)  Fanmade or not, I dig 'em.  Anything that serves to drum up interest in Trek is cool in my book.  8)

Meds

Rico

Nice!  The suspense is building already.

Rico

An interesting new spin on the directing spot.  JJ is still undecided, but it looks like others are trying to convince him.  I personally think he will be back as director.

As previously reported, producer JJ Abrams is awaiting the script for the 2012 Star Trek sequel, before deciding if he will also direct the film. However that isn't stopping others involved from weighing in. Star Trek's new Checkov Anton Yelchin says it would be "bizarre" without JJ Abrams in the director's chair. And co-writer Roberto Orci says he is trying to solicit Steven Spielberg to help convince Abrams.

more here:
http://trekmovie.com/2011/01/23/anton-yelchin-it-would-be-bizarre-for-abrams-to-not-direct-star-trek-sequel-bob-orci-soliciting-steven-spielberg-to-help-convince-abrams/

Ktrek

At the moment I can't think of anyone else who should direct Trek 12 but I'm not opposed to bringing in a different director. I'm not a huge fan of some of his directorial decisions in the first one but to change directions might be the wrong decision if you want a feeling of continuity.Meh...I'll just go with whatever they decide. I'll be there regardless.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

I think it would be helpful in this case to have the same director.  He obviously got along well with the actors and knows how to craft an exciting movie.  Come on JJ, you know you want to!  ;)

KingIsaacLinksr

JJ is teasing us, making us guess, he'll be back :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr