• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Quote from: ElfManDan on September 18, 2013, 10:10:08 PM
On the topic of a new Star Trek TV series I've had a thought. If we did get a new Star Trek series on TV personally I'd like to see a whole different universe. Not connected to the new universe or the old one. Not using the characters we know, but taking the cultures, the races, and federation and building more into those. I have to say TNG being my favorite series, was made so by some of my favorite episodes involved heavy Klingon culture. It was always something I wanted to see more of, and I wanted to see it fleshed out further then we ever saw. Imagine taking a bunch of these Star Trek races and making a series that focuses on a future that may not be quite as perfect as we've seen in Trek before. I'm thinking it would be cool to see something a little darker and more almost realistic, but still holding the values of hope for the future while we sail out into the great unknown and involve ourselves more with these expansive cultures. Thoughts?

I have one thing to say about your comment Dan and it is this....Read the books! They are exactly what you are looking for. I'm referring to all the post series books.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

X

YEah, the books are very good and starting up a new arc now. It deals with some cool stuff and we get a new DS9 finally.

X

ElfManDan

That's great that there are books out there that take the cultures further, but I'd still love to see it on the TV screen. I was just curious what guys thought. I should read some of the books more, I just don't have much time to read these days. I do audiobooks sometimes though when I'm working.

Ktrek

Dan - If you want to read an exceptionally good series that has a beginning and an end and set in the TOS era but not based on the TOS characters I would highly recommend Star Trek Vanguard. Absolutely one of the finest series of books out there in my opinion. It consists only of eight books, one collection of short stories  and one ebook novella. Memory Beta would be a good place to look for the book order. The series is regarded by Trek fiction readers as consistently well written and favored. I'd also recommend the Titan series, which is also good but not as consistently good.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bryancd

WillEagle

I did get the Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray and I watched some of the extras but not the full movie yet. And the great thing about it is that I didn't pay a dime!!! My supervisor is a fellow Trekker and I came in on my day off a couple times because he needed my keys. He told me he owed me a lunch for helping him out. I said not to worry about it. Well we never got around to lunch and when he picked up the regular release at Target the day it came out I told him I was going to get the Special edition one instead. I never made it to Target and he asked me if I found it which I didn't. I called Target the next day and the guy found two and my supervisor heard me on the phone during my lunch and he told me to have them hold 2. So I ended up with Star Trek Into Darkness instead of lunch!! Works for me and he probably saved money by getting the movie instead of taking me to lunch twice! I got something that will be with me forever instead of something that would only be around for a few hours!!!   :laugh:

Rico

Rico