"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

Meds

NO SPOILERS HERE

IN FACT IM NOT EVEN DOING A REVIEW IN A SPOILER TAG

ALL I WILL SAY IS I BLOODY WELL LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT

IF YOU ARE EXCITED NOW, TRUST ME YOU'll WET YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU GET IN THE CINEMA.

:D

ChrisMC

Sweet, Meds! I'll get my Depends ready for next week!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Quote from: Meds on May 09, 2013, 03:36:51 PM
NO SPOILERS HERE

IN FACT IM NOT EVEN DOING A REVIEW IN A SPOILER TAG

ALL I WILL SAY IS I BLOODY WELL LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT

IF YOU ARE EXCITED NOW, TRUST ME YOU'll WET YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU GET IN THE CINEMA.

:D

Yep, over on the RPF folks in the UK and a few who have seen screening last night in LA are saying the same thing, they say it's terrific. Can't wait!

Bromptonboy

Excellent!  Can't wait.  Although my feed in facebook had a bunch of spoilers from various sources.  :(
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on May 09, 2013, 04:09:42 PM
Excellent!  Can't wait.  Although my feed in facebook had a bunch of spoilers from various sources.  :(

It won't matter one bit, Pete.

Meds

A lot of the things I've read as spoilers were wrong lol.

Bryancd

Quote from: Meds on May 09, 2013, 04:25:22 PM
A lot of the things I've read as spoilers were wrong lol.

Yeah, and everyone who I knew who are totally spoiled going in have loved it.

Dangelus

Meds

I've been chatting with Bry on message and the only thing that dents the film is one little scene, no need for it.

Bryancd

I have come to the conclusion based on our chat, Meds, as well as what I have read elsewhere my biggest issue with this movie is going to be the abject failure of JJ's secrecy efforts. I think that did not serve the build up of fan anticipation at all and at the end of the day based on the movie we are all about to see, was completely unnecessary. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will manage it better for STAR WARS.

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on May 10, 2013, 04:48:31 AM
I have come to the conclusion based on our chat, Meds, as well as what I have read elsewhere my biggest issue with this movie is going to be the abject failure of JJ's secrecy efforts. I think that did not serve the build up of fan anticipation at all and at the end of the day based on the movie we are all about to see, was completely unnecessary. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will manage it better for STAR WARS.

Agreed, if anything it irritated fans and made us overanalyze anything that did come out.

Rico

I don't agree.  But that's all I'm going to say at this point.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on May 10, 2013, 05:52:19 AM
I don't agree.  But that's all I'm going to say at this point.

I agree it's subjective, everyone is going to have different expectations about what they want to know or not know prior to the films release, but for me, it was a tempest in a tea pot that at the end of the day could have been handled more deftly.