• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Rico

Bryancd

Really what they are doing....

[spoiler]They are remaking Space Seed. My biggest beef is still they are going to copy the Spock death scene but with Kirk this time.[/spoiler]

Bryancd

Earlier review from Empire Magazine is GOOD! Not too spoilery actually either.

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=136708

Rico

Again - not reading.  Nope... you can't make me. 

"There are four lights!!"

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on April 30, 2013, 02:17:08 PM
Again - not reading.  Nope... you can't make me. 

"There are four lights!!"

Actually, there really are no meaningful spoilers in there at all. But I will give you the cliff notes version- 4 out of 5 Stars
Verdict
If this is Abrams' final frontier, he has left Star Trek in a good place, both in the fictional universe and as a franchise. In some sense, the title is misleading. Into Darkness is a blast, fun, funny, spectacular and exhilarating. The rule of great even-numbered Trek movies continues.

Rico

Was there ever any doubt this movie was going to be awesome?  I keep telling everyone - these guys "get Trek" and know how to make a great movie out of it too!

ChrisMC

It's not fair we have to wait another 2 1/2 weeks!! B.S!! Jive I say!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on April 30, 2013, 04:01:54 PM
Was there ever any doubt this movie was going to be awesome?  I keep telling everyone - these guys "get Trek" and know how to make a great movie out of it too!

Was there any doubt the movie would be great fun? Not really. Do these guys "get Trek"? That is debatable still, in my opinion.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on April 30, 2013, 04:38:27 PM
Quote from: Rico on April 30, 2013, 04:01:54 PM

Was there any doubt the movie would be great fun? Not really. Do these guys "get Trek"? That is debatable still, in my opinion.

Be happy to debate you on that some time after the new movie comes out.  I wouldn't be nearly as excited for this if it wasn't Trek and was just some other 'space movie.'  Like I said above, they know Trek, they know these characters and how to use all that in a 2 hr. film.  I saw that in 2009 and I expect to see it even more this time.

Rico

I like this one!

Rico

This is a great video at the Berlin premiere with some of the stars saying hello to the folks over at trekmovie.com.  Make sure to watch to the end and see just how cool and funny JJ Abrams can be.  I love this group of people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkvs6hwRnPU#ws

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on May 01, 2013, 05:12:36 AM
I like this one!

It is cool but why did they scale down the Enterprise SO much?  :wacko

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on May 01, 2013, 05:59:29 AM
Quote from: Rico on May 01, 2013, 05:12:36 AM
I like this one!

It is cool but why did they scale down the Enterprise SO much?  :wacko

That's called artistic license.  I love it.  Someone actually thought about how to make something exciting and more dramatic rather than just grab a still image directly from the film.  Best official poster so far - in my opinion.

Rico