• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Well, needless to say I have been a bit underwhelmed by JJ's Art Dept for Trek. The new Enterprise is far from my favorite and I still think the bridge is way too flashy and don't get me started on the engineering section design choice. I do like the new phasers and uniforms though. This ship is just a big mess, IMO. I wouldn't even want to build a model of it.

billybob476

Heh, I didn't notice the open saucer until now. If you crack the saucer and warp engines off it kind of looks like Serenity.

Praxis

I kinda like it...it has ominous creepy prototype written all over it.
I also quite like the jj-prise, including the flashy bridge with retina-bursting lens flares. It's fun.  ;D

Feathers

Yeah, the open saucer wasn't obvious until you pointed it out.

I'm slightly worried that I might not get to see this at all. Money's not flowing too freely at the moment...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

I just finished the Countdown to Darkness comics. Not bad, I hope some of the characters shown in the comic make appearances in the film.

Bryancd

Great clip...BUT if you watch it there is a potential spoiler at the end that an astute fan would catch, so you have been warned!
http://youtu.be/BlAx6GZyPuQ

Rico

Man this movie is going to be good!  These guys are really putting it all out there - great acting.  And yeah Bryan, I get the reference you mentioned.

ChrisMC

It's not overt though. These guys are chewing scenery, I love it.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Totally, they are both terrific in this scene, that's why I wanted to post it. Gripping stuff!

Rico

Just bought my tickets for fan preview night on May 15th!  Woo-hoo!!!

P.S. They are giving out posters on this night too (see today's Daily Trek pic for info on that).

Bryancd

We have a few IMAX theaters in metro Phoenix and not one is doing the sneak peak! Frack!

Rico

Bryancd

Dude, thank you! That's a bit of a haul for me but worth it!

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on April 29, 2013, 05:14:07 PM
Dude, thank you! That's a bit of a haul for me but worth it!

No problem.  The place I'm going is about 45 min from me too.  Of course, everything is at least 45 min away from where I live!