News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatfather_2005

Quote from: Ktrek on April 20, 2013, 05:56:26 AM
I would like the poster more if it wasn't a Star Wars style ripoff.
ok, it looks more the motion picture poster than star wars, to me
In the Absense of Light, the Darkness Prevails.

ChrisMC

Quote from: fatfather_2005 on April 20, 2013, 07:22:34 PM
Quote from: Ktrek on April 20, 2013, 05:56:26 AM
I would like the poster more if it wasn't a Star Wars style ripoff.
ok, it looks more the motion picture poster than star wars, to me
Yeah, that was intentional. It's less a SW ripoff than an homage to the style of Dru Struzan, just look at any of his posters from the 80's Indy, Star Wars, Goonies, Hook...very similar but wonderful.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Praxis

Quote from: ChrisMC on April 20, 2013, 04:35:39 AM
Here is a poster an artist named Paul Shipper did for ST '09. Can anyone argue this is superior to what we got for that movie? I guess it's all about not wanting to pay a commision for an artist when the Marketing Dept. can whip up a photoshop. But they are making art.

I love it. I'd like to have this on my wall.  :thumbsup

Bryancd

For what it's worth....
[spoiler]

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/326103273419444225

RT @devincf : STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS screens in LA tomorrow for select press, premieres overseas on Tuesday. You'll all know it's Khan by Wednesday

RT @devincf: There will probably be other spoilers revealed, but not by me. I will say this: never underestimate a Tribble.[/spoiler]

Rico

First clip from the movie is now online.  For those that saw the 9 minute IMAX preview, this scene will be familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFls6CMcrEI#ws

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on April 22, 2013, 03:11:03 PM
First clip from the movie is now online.  For those that saw the 9 minute IMAX preview, this scene will be familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFls6CMcrEI#ws

Wow.. great scene.. can't wait for this.

Praxis

Thanks for posting that clip! I hadn't seen it yet. Awesome.

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

News starting to trickle in from the premiere down under, beware!

[spoiler][I've been interrogating a fellow over on the TrekBBS who attended the Sydney premiere. Here's what I've gleaned so far. MASSIVE SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY.
Spoiler:

Cumberbatch is playing Khan.
Spock Prime shows up. (!)
Section 31 is behind the dastardly deeds, and is holding Khan's crew to force him to do their dirty work.
They rip off the end of TWOK but "not as good."
Kirk dies. (!!)
But the crew uses Khan's blood to bring him back. (!!!??)
Spock gets to yell KHAAAAAAAAAAN!
[spoiler]

X

Quote from: Bryancd on April 23, 2013, 08:56:02 AM

[spoiler][I've been interrogating a fellow over on the TrekBBS who attended the Sydney premiere. Here's what I've gleaned so far. MASSIVE SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY.
Spoiler:

Section 31 is behind the dastardly deeds, and is holding Khan's crew to force him to do their dirty work.
Kirk dies. (!!)
[spoiler]
Some if not most of that doesn't seem to be believable. It seems more like chum in the water.

Rico

The new few weeks are really going to be tricky to avoid spoilers about this movie.  I have one suggestion/idea.

What do you guys think about not even posting things with spoiler tags even, related to reports about the movie?  It can be very tempting to click that little button.  My suggestion would be don't even post anything based on the actual movie, at least until May 17th - when the movie will be open where most of us can see it.  I just want to make sure everyone has a chance to see this without being spoiled.  We've waited 4 years.  I can wait a few more weeks.  Just a thought and suggestion but I think it might be helpful.

Bryancd

I think that doesn't speak well to individuals impulse control, defeats the whole point of the Spoiler tags, and I already have had Chris Clemente message me about some of this and now X so some of us forum members are ok with discussing it. Having said that, I am going to put a picture of the big new ship in the Spoiler link below, so if you really don;t want to know what it looks like, don't look!

[spoiler]/spoiler]

Bryancd

Quote from: X on April 23, 2013, 01:35:19 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on April 23, 2013, 08:56:02 AM

Spoiler:

Kirk dies. (!!)
[spoiler]
Some if not most of that doesn't seem to be believable. It seems more like chum in the water.

I tend to agree, Chris, I grabbed that whole bit from the RPF and I was questioning it as well. Here is a follow up post regarding the "source"..

"Looking into these rumors; they all trace back to two user on the IMDB boards. They appear to be pretty regular posters over there; one of them very obviously a rabid Cumberbatch fangirl. Doesn't mean they can't be telling the truth, but it makes sense that someone might take advantage of the anticipation and weave a yarn."

Rico

Well, let's just see how it goes then. 

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on April 23, 2013, 04:13:19 PM
Well, let's just see how it goes then. 

Go take a look at the picture I posted, you know you want to . :)