• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

I think King means that the NX-01 in the mirror universe got their hands on the Constitution class USS Defiant after it flipped to their universe and time period.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: billybob476 on April 17, 2013, 12:12:40 PM
I think King means that the NX-01 in the mirror universe got their hands on the Constitution class USS Defiant after it flipped to their universe and time period.

Yes.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

I see, so we are to assume they reversed engineered the Defiant and advanced their technology. I would be surprised if they went with another time travel/alternate universe story.

Feathers

Quote from: Bryancd on April 17, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
I see, so we are to assume they reversed engineered the Defiant and advanced their technology. I would be surprised if they went with another time travel/alternate universe story.

I agree, I don't think it's likely but the idea did give me pause for a moment.

Overall, though, alternate Mirror Universe may be something to think about further down the line but I'm not sure it would be as 'mass market' as Romulans or Klingons.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on April 18, 2013, 02:09:21 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on April 17, 2013, 12:21:24 PM

I agree, I don't think it's likely but the idea did give me pause for a moment.

Overall, though, alternate Mirror Universe may be something to think about further down the line but I'm not sure it would be as 'mass market' as Romulans or Klingons.

Yeah, the appeal of the mirror universe if taking characters you care about and turning them on their heads. Don't think that would ever fly in a movie setting.

davekill

Quote from: Rico on April 18, 2013, 05:00:07 AM
Here's a new movie tie-in commercial with Mazda.

Convection, creativity, courage, and a dash of lens flare...

Cool comercial :)

Bryancd

All kidding aside, I do find it an odd creative decision to have yet another massive ship for the Enterprise to fight. The last two Trek films, Nemesis and the first JJ movie both had that conceit and it's back yet again. Bit unimpressed.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on April 18, 2013, 07:29:38 AM
All kidding aside, I do find it an odd creative decision to have yet another massive ship for the Enterprise to fight. The last two Trek films, Nemesis and the first JJ movie both had that conceit and it's back yet again. Bit unimpressed.

Yeah, I kind of agree.  I also find it strange since this John Harrison is suppose to be "better" than everyone at everything.  So, if that's true wouldn't he be able to take on the Enterprise with an even smaller, less powerful ship?  Anyone can outgun someone else.  How does that make him better?  Hopefully it will all make sense once we see the film.

Bryancd

Well, at least it's now clear what ship that is crashing into San Fran, it's this sucker!

Dangelus

The implication is this is a starfleet vessel. I thought most of the ships were destroyed in the last movie. Must be a section 31 ship!

billybob476

Dangelus

Quote from: billybob476 on April 18, 2013, 09:52:57 AM
Excelsior?

That's it! They'll send Scotty over to sabotage the Transwarp drive! ;)

ChrisMC

I heard it through the grapevine it's being called a Dreadnaught-class ship.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Quote from: ChrisMC on April 18, 2013, 10:58:25 AM
I heard it through the grapevine it's being called a Dreadnaught-class ship.

Which would be a proper in Universe ship class as per the Technical Manual.