• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

Quote from: Bryancd on December 06, 2012, 02:43:07 PM
I think the hands on glass is an intentional red herring.

Agreed...and, it very well may NOT be Spock at all...

billybob476

Quote from: QuadShot on December 07, 2012, 07:06:38 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on December 06, 2012, 02:43:07 PM
I think the hands on glass is an intentional red herring.

Agreed...and, it very well may NOT be Spock at all...

...or if it s Spock, who says he's dying? Who says he's even in engineering?

moyer777

Yeah cause if it was engineering his hand would have been on a beer nozzle.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Quote from: moyer777 on December 07, 2012, 08:08:32 AM
Yeah cause if it was engineering his hand would have been on a beer nozzle.

:roflmao

I think it is Spock but as the breakdown from iO9 I linked points out, it appears based on the uniforms that it might occur early in the film, making it a death scene unlikely.

billybob476

"I have been...and always will be...your friend...Except when we first met and hated each other. You were a huge jerk to me you know"

:D

Rico

I have a theory based on this 9 minute preview we are getting with "The Hobbit" in IMAX.  If it is indeed the first part of the film my idea is it will be setting things up for the rest of the movie.  What I mean is Gary Cumberkhan talks about "getting vengeance" in the trailer.  Obviously something happens to him and he is out for revenge on Starfleet/Federation - maybe Kirk too.  So, my thought was they will show this and then the movie will flash forward some period of time.  Just a guess but I think they will have to have something like that or a flashback to give the villain's story some meaning and background.

Bryancd

"Ship...out of danger?"
"Yes...well I sort of crashed it into San Francisco Bay but otherwise it's good to go.."

billybob476

Well it's not the first time Kirk crashes a ship into the bay...oh wait I guess technically THIS is the first time, but then the Voyage Home took place in the 80's...ugh time travel hurts my brain.

Bromptonboy

Is anyone else sensing a Moyer-esque song parody of the Enterprise taking a dip in San Francisco Bay - to the tune of 'San Francisco' by Scott McKenzie?

"If Khan is go-o-o-ing to San Fran-cisco...be sure to see the starship in the bay..."
Pete

davekill

billybob476

Quote from: davekill on December 07, 2012, 12:11:09 PM
Must be one of the smaller ships - at it's deepest the bay is only 100 ft.

http://www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/world/san-francisco-bay.html

How dare you sully our wild speculation with facts and science!! :D

billybob476

Hm...read anothert thought on the ELR forums. What if Peter Weller is Khan and Cumberbatch is his feather-haired sidekick Joachim?

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on December 07, 2012, 01:34:21 PM
Hm...read anothert thought on the ELR forums. What if Peter Weller is Khan and Cumberbatch is his feather-haired sidekick Joachim?

Actually the would jibe well with the voice over in the trailer where he says something along the lines of "What would you do to defend your family." It sounds like a rhetorical question. So what if Khan and the augments are in a Klingon prison. Kahn dies and Joachim returns to have his revenge? Interesting...

ChrisMC

Mind=Blown!

I have also heard a theory that Starfleet intercepted the Botany Bay early, and conscripted the Khan-ites into a Starfleet Special forces. Left them for dead and such, and that's why they be all grumpy.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

davekill

I'd like to see a re-imagined Botany Bay