• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

I know right!!! A three frame clip!!  :roflmao

davekill

If 'Into the Darkness' is not a metaphor where Kirk and Spock get all dark and broody, than maybe it's a time travel story where they literaly go back or forward when there is no light.

At the moment we are surrounded by stars.

On the other hand, they could get swallowed by another giant Space Ameba (The Immunity Syndrome)

Ktrek

Quote from: Bryancd on October 05, 2012, 08:05:39 AM
Pathetic.....  :smilie_bleh:

http://io9.com/5949201/jj-abrams-reveals-the-first-footage-from-star-trek-into-darkness-sort-of

I agree...what a waste. Why even bother? In some ways I see Abrams, even as brilliant as he may be, as kind of a jerk.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

WillEagle

I was watching Big Bang on TBS last night and they said J.J. was going to be on Conan and that he had something to show. I am glad I didn't stay up for that!!

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Quote from: moyer777 on October 05, 2012, 11:47:58 AM
I thought it was funny!

It would have been....if he had after showing that said just kidding now check this out! Instead it's a lame joke because they have not released anything yet and it's way late.

ChrisMC

Yeah. I kinda felt the way you do Bryan. I kinda felt a bit like I got the thumb on the nose from him. I guess it's kinda funny, if you aren't a Star Trek fan.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Mr. Moyer just posted this on our Facebook group.

Great news!!!

We have all been waiting for news on the first look at JJ Abrams Star Trek Into Darkness. And this afternoon Paramount announced that a 9-minute extended preview of the movie will premiere  on IMAX 3D on December 14th. More details below.

press release

WORLD PREMIERE EXTENDED PREVIEW OF J. J. ABRAMS' "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" TO DEBUT IN IMAX 3D ON DECEMBER 14th

THE FIRST 9-MINUTES FROM THE ANTICIPATED SEQUEL WILL BE RELEASED EXCLUSIVELY IN DIGITAL IMAX 3D THEATRES WORLDWIDE

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 14, 2012) – Paramount Pictures will release the first 9-minutes from J.J. Abrams' eagerly-awaited "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" exclusively in IMAX 3D months prior to the film's official release in May 2013. This first-look at the movie will play in approximately 500 digital IMAX 3D theatres beginning December 14th.

"STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS," the sequel to Abrams' 2009 hit film that redefined the Star Trek universe for a new generation, marks the first time exclusive footage has played in IMAX 3D and only the third time a first-look will be released in IMAX.

"Our longtime partners J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk and the Bad Robot team have really hit it out of the park – the footage is absolutely incredible," said Greg Foster, Chairman and President, IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "Their use of the IMAX® Camera and canvas is sure to impress current and future Star Trek fans alike, and we're thrilled to once again work with our friends at Paramount Pictures to offer this extended 'first look' at this highly anticipated summer blockbuster."

To further the IMAX experience, "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" used IMAX cameras to capture several sequences. Exclusively in IMAX theaters, sequences filmed with the extremely high-resolution cameras will expand to fill more of the screen with unprecedented crispness and clarity, putting moviegoers right into the explosive action and vast scope of the film.

"STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" is written by Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and directed by J.J. Abrams. Abrams is producing with Bryan Burk through Bad Robot Productions, along with Lindelof, Kurtzman and Orci.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/14/breaking-9-minute-preview-of-star-trek-into-darkness-to-debut-in-imax-3d-on-december-14/

Bryancd

And like I said on FB, now I understand the delay. Interesting marketing play, I approve. :)

Rico

Time to get my tickets for "The Hobbit" in IMAX!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on November 14, 2012, 04:21:33 PM

Yeah, this was very well planned, no doubt. Crafty fox!

X

See, I told you all that there was nothing to worry about. I think this is awesome. Spending time to release 9 minutes worth of complete footage seem like a better use of time than a teaser trailer with placeholder music and unfinished graphics

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on November 14, 2012, 04:21:33 PM

IMAX 3D by the looks of it. It might cost me $20 but I might have to drive to the big city to check this out!

Meds