• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarabeth32

I know that they are doing another original character Star Trek movie, but it would be great to have a Q type villain. I miss Q! He would have been great to see in a TNG movie. But he is Q so he could turn up anywhere and if this is the alternate universe then certainly Q could show up.  ;)
In honor of my still living father - "I drank what?"

Bromptonboy

Hmm, Q would be good.  Didn't we have a thread going that speculated that 'Trelaine' was a Q?
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 09, 2011, 10:15:58 AM
Hmm, Q would be good.  Didn't we have a thread going that speculated that 'Trelaine' was a Q?

We did.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on December 09, 2011, 10:18:38 AM
Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 09, 2011, 10:15:58 AM

We did.
It's also in the books and he might be one of Q's illegitimate kids.

Jobydrone

Aye there was a Peter David book about Q that featured Trelane prominently and if I remember right there was no doubt he was a Q...I forget, was it Q Squared?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

X

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on December 09, 2011, 11:15:00 AM
Aye there was a Peter David book about Q that featured Trelane prominently and if I remember right there was no doubt he was a Q...I forget, was it Q Squared?
yep

ChrisMC

Quote from: X on December 09, 2011, 11:24:45 AM
yep

That is hands down one of the best Trek novels ever written.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

turtlesrock

Quote from: Chris-El on December 09, 2011, 05:16:06 PM
Quote from: X on December 09, 2011, 11:24:45 AM
yep

That is hands down one of the best Trek novels ever written.

agreed

stonut

Well the latest rumour is Klingon, possibly Kor as the baddie. I think a Klingon movie would be good . We had a hint of them in the deleted scenes on rura, so you never know

Rico

Quote from: stonut on December 10, 2011, 07:47:11 AM
Well the latest rumour is Klingon, possibly Kor as the baddie. I think a Klingon movie would be good . We had a hint of them in the deleted scenes on rura, so you never know

Not sure where you saw this rumor at but I haven't seen anything like that anywhere.  Hopefully some solid info will be coming soon.

Rico

Here are some nice tidbits from Simon Pegg and Bryan Burke (one of the producers).  I like what I'm reading....

While promoting his latest movie "Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol", Simon Pegg (Star Trek's Scotty) recently spoke to the Danish movie website Filmz and revealed that he knows the story for the Star Trek sequel.

Pegg says he knows part of Star Trek 2 story

Here's an excerpt from the interview with Filmz [via TrekWeb] where Pegg reveals that although he still hasn't read the script, he does know what the story will be, or at least part of the Star Trek sequel's story:

"I haven't seen a script yet. I do know the story, though. I know PART of the story, but we haven't seen a script yet. We're gonna see it soon. I think next week."

Pegg added he's confident the story is something the fans will really enjoy:
"Absolutely. It's more of what we love as Star Trek fans, you know. What's not to love?"

Speaking more generally about what he'd like to see happen with his character Scotty, Pegg says he wouldn't mind reciting more classic lines — like he did with "I'm giving it all she's got Captain" in Star Trek– but only if "done properly for the right situation and not just be done as a sly wink".

Khan in Star Trek sequel? Both Pegg and Bryan Burk cast doubt on rumors

Recently rumors have surfaced online that the villain in the sequel would be Khan (see recent stories here and here). However, director/producer J.J. Abrams has downplayed those rumors and now Pegg is echoing those statements, telling MTV he "[hasn't] heard the name Khan come up":

"Not to say it won't come up, but I have heard no mention of him whatsoever...He is a great villain. I don't want to say too much and then have to eat my words as I often do, but we've seen Khan [in a 'Trek' movie before]. To see him again, how much value is there in that? I don't know."

Bryan Burk: Sequel will be original, unique and different

Star Trek producer Bryan Burk offered a similar, albeit more concrete response, saying they chose "to do something we thought would be original and unique and different" for the sequel adding: "I think on paper, we made the right choice. Now we have to go shoot."

Burk also revealed that the the sequel will pick up after the events of 2009's Star Trek: [...W]e're going to jump right back in, and we don't have to set up everybody and we can go right in it."

For the complete MTV interviews with Burk and Pegg click here.

As previously reported, filming on the Star Trek sequel is scheduled to begin on January 15, 2012. The film — still without an official released title — is scheduled to hit conventional and 3D theaters on May 17, 2013.

http://trekmovie.com/2011/12/12/simon-pegg-says-he-knows-star-trek-2-story-more-villain-rumors/

Jobydrone

That all sounds really good to me...especially the original, unique, and different part
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Dangelus

I love it when they give these interviews that tell us nothing. Of course I'm sure all the actors and crew are under NDAs so they can't talk about it but it amuses me how they answer these questions. :)

Jobydrone

Well it's interesting that they've pretty much all but negated the Khan rumors.

Bromptonboy

Hmmmm, who would you vote for as the re-imagined Khan?  I am thinking Javier Bardem (of 'No Country For Old Men' fame).
Pete