• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtlesrock

a borg cube, that would be GREAT! it's a mirror universe, anything is possible!
romulans and klingons would be cool to.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Dangelus on December 03, 2011, 12:39:05 PM
Well this is good news.

I'd love to see a big Klingon presence in the next movie but the is also a huge opportunity to do a lot more with the Romulans too. I always thought they were underused especially in the movies. With Vulcan gone and the knowledge that Romulus is on borrowed time I would expect the Romulans to take more of an aggressive stance on the Federation.

Romulans got short-shrift in Trek prime movies. They weren't even done justice in "Nemesis", IMHO.

M-5

Quote from: Darmok on December 04, 2011, 05:13:05 PM
Quote from: Dangelus on December 03, 2011, 12:39:05 PM
Well this is good news.

I'd love to see a big Klingon presence in the next movie but the is also a huge opportunity to do a lot more with the Romulans too. I always thought they were underused especially in the movies. With Vulcan gone and the knowledge that Romulus is on borrowed time I would expect the Romulans to take more of an aggressive stance on the Federation.

Romulans got short-shrift in Trek prime movies. They weren't even done justice in "Nemesis", IMHO.
Agreed.  I wouldn't mind seeing some more Romulans.

Rico

That's cool news.  He plays a very convincing bad guy (assuming he'll be on that side of things in the movie).  Plus he has some Trek history too from being on Enterprise.

Dangelus

Ooh he'd make a great Romulan! :)

ChrisMC

Ooooh. Great casting. He was a fun bad guy on Dexter. I think he could also be cool as like some kind of badass starship captain.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

ChrisMC

Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

turtlesrock

Dangelus

Maybe he WAS going to be Khan after all.....

Feathers

Quote from: Dangelus on December 06, 2011, 01:28:13 AM

That's what the article says...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

Quote from: Feathers on December 06, 2011, 01:49:15 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on December 06, 2011, 01:28:13 AM

That's what the article says...

Well it just restates the rumours but nothing official. Looks like his casting fell through over $$. Also I can't see Peter Weller playing Khan so either he is not the main baddie, they are hastily rewriting the script or Khan was never in the movie at all.

Rico

JJ Abrams has stated recently that Khan wasn't going to be the villain - ever.  So, the easy guess now is Benicio might have played whatever ever bad guy role is now going to Peter Weller.  At least maybe.  They seem like different types of actors, ages, looks, etc.  Unless the villain is in pretty heavy makeup maybe, as in a Klingon, Romulan, etc.  We'll know soon enough.

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on December 06, 2011, 05:36:47 AM
JJ Abrams has stated recently that Khan wasn't going to be the villain - ever.  So, the easy guess now is Benicio might have played whatever ever bad guy role is now going to Peter Weller.  At least maybe.  They seem like different types of actors, ages, looks, etc.  Unless the villain is in pretty heavy makeup maybe, as in a Klingon, Romulan, etc.  We'll know soon enough.

Lol just because he said it doesn't mean it's true! :)

Rico

Well, when it comes right from the man himself I try to take him on his word.  :)