• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poodyglitz

I wish they'd release this thing as a purely digital release. By the time the movie is out, overseas audiences will probably be done with 3D. I don't want to see the film as a slightly darkened presentation.

Dangelus

I think i am in the minority here in terms of this new Trek movie franchise.

It's OK, I've seen Star Trek (2009) twice and that's it. It's not "real" Star Trek to me but I'll take what I can get. Because of this it doesn't bother me too much that there is a delay.

Meds

Quote from: Ktrek on November 26, 2011, 06:24:48 AM

I do read the posts Meds and I take offense at you saying I don't. I may have misread what you were intending. Having only had 4 hours of sleep in 48 hours can do that to a person. Sorry that I took you the wrong way.

Kevin

No worries Kevin, all good. E..r 4 hours sleep in 48 hours??? Blimey I hate to ask why? I can only hope you are having a serious movie marathon.

Ktrek

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on November 29, 2011, 01:49:41 PM

No worries Kevin, all good. E..r 4 hours sleep in 48 hours??? Blimey I hate to ask why? I can only hope you are having a serious movie marathon.

I could only wish that was the case but it's called retail business and Black Friday!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

X

I don't see why everyone is excited. They planned to release this five months after the end of the world ... maybe they will finish the edits by December and those left standing can quest for the last Star Trek.

Rico

Variety is reporting that actress Alice Eve will have a major role in the next Trek film.  So, how about some guesses: 

Yeoman Rand?
Nurse Chapel?
Carol Marcus?
Marla McGivers?

http://trekmovie.com/2011/11/30/actress-alice-eve-chosen-for-major-star-trek-sequel-role-del-toro-deal-pending-for-villain/#comment-4221758

QuadShot

Quote from: X on November 30, 2011, 06:24:43 AM
I don't see why everyone is excited. They planned to release this five months after the end of the world ... maybe they will finish the edits by December and those left standing can quest for the last Star Trek.

LOL Chris!!!

X

Quote from: Rico on November 30, 2011, 02:28:41 PM
Variety is reporting that actress Alice Eve will have a major role in the next Trek film.  So, how about some guesses: 

Yeoman Rand?
Nurse Chapel?
Carol Marcus?
Marla McGivers?

http://trekmovie.com/2011/11/30/actress-alice-eve-chosen-for-major-star-trek-sequel-role-del-toro-deal-pending-for-villain/#comment-4221758

They said someone new to canon, so it's going to be hard to guess that one.

turtlesrock

bevs_plaything

Yeoman Rand?
Nurse Chapel?
Carol Marcus?
Marla McGivers?

Gosh, whatever role she ends up playing I now hope it's in 3D!!

Rico

Quote from: X on November 30, 2011, 06:50:01 PM

Yeoman Rand?
Nurse Chapel?
Carol Marcus?
Marla McGivers?

They said someone new to canon, so it's going to be hard to guess that one.

It says "believed to be new to canon."  So nothing is confirmed yet.  I was taking guesses obviously if it turns out she is a character we have seen before.  I'm starting to think they are doing Khan again.  But, we'll know for sure soon enough.

Bromptonboy

I am pulling for an Orion Slave Girl...

Yeoman Rand is the most likely I would guess.
Pete

Dangelus

Quote from: bevs_plaything on November 30, 2011, 09:22:37 PM

Yeoman Rand?
Nurse Chapel?
Carol Marcus?
Marla McGivers?

Hahaha!!

Could be anybody I suppose. I hope they don't do Khan. Some things just don't need a reboot.

X

Quote from: Dangelus on December 01, 2011, 06:14:48 AM
Quote from: bevs_plaything on November 30, 2011, 09:22:37 PM

Yeoman Rand?
Nurse Chapel?
Carol Marcus?
Marla McGivers?

Hahaha!!

Could be anybody I suppose. I hope they don't do Khan. Some things just don't need a reboot.
Agreed! I wouldn't want to see Khan and I think a retelling of Space Seed would be kind of boring on the big screen. I want something fresh because if I want to see Khan, I can just turn on netflix or toss on a DVD. There is far too much unknown for us to go right back to the well. If we did go to the well, I'd hope it would be with things that we have seen only hinted at before on the shows. Like the Breen, Tzenkethi, Bluegills, or Gorn in the role of adversary and fleshed out. With the Federation hurting from the Nero incident, I could see a story of others trying to test their defenses.

Rico

I certainly would not prefer Khan.  BUT, I have no doubt that if they did redo it that it certainly wouldn't simply be a retelling of the old story.  I keep hearing comments out there that this film will have a "bigger scope" that the previous one.  That gives me hope that it might not be the Khan story.  We'll know soon as more cast announcements pop up.