• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

FEATHERS HAS NEVER SEEN "THE FINAL FRONTIER"

Started by Trekkygeek, June 06, 2009, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Geekyfanboy

Well I hate to admit it after reading all those posts but I've never seen it either.. I've seen bits and pieces. And worse yet I've never seen all of the motion picture, I went to a double feature of Tron and Star Trek way back in the day and fell asleep during Star Trek.

My excuse, if I'm allowed one is that I'm not a huge TOS fan, I haven't seen every episode of the original series either (man I'm digging my hole deeper). As I get older I enjoy TOS more and more so I'm sure in time I will have everything watched.

billybob476

TMP is a fine movie but it is VERY slow moving. I rarely watch it. As for Final Frontier, I think it got a bad rap. It's not the best movie by far, but it's enjoyable enough.

jedijeff

I think I may have mentioned before, but Star Trek 5 was the Star Trek movie I saw the most times in the Theatre. I felt the recut of TMP they released on DVD a few years back was pretty good. It moves slower then some of the other movies, but I like it in that it has a different feel and look then the rest of the original cast Star Trek movies.

alanp

I compare it to a lot of those TNG clunker episodes where the overall story arch was horrible and yet the cast produced great character moments which didn't have anything to do with the plot. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about the camping trip or the emergency shuttle docking with the jump to warp speed.  I've watched this one more times than the Undiscovered Country, Insurrection, and what is sometimes called the Motionless Picture.

Feathers

Can someone start a "GEEKYFANBOY HAS NEVER SEEN "THE FINAL FRONTIER"  thread now please? Then we can lock this one down and move it to a deep archive somewhere ;)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

In a way, I'm envious of those who haven't seen certain movies or episodes.  One thing I always do like to say though, is try to watch this stuff with an open mind as much as you can.  Trek 5 has had an overly bad rap, in my view.  Not the best Trek film, but it has some cool and fun moments.  And for me, any Trek film or even episode is still better to watch than many other things.

Blackride

I have not seen every episode of Enterprise.

i do think Final Frontier is a below average Trek movie. It just tried to be too much and it got boring.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

M-5

Quote from: Rico on July 28, 2010, 05:29:43 AM
In a way, I'm envious of those who haven't seen certain movies or episodes.  One thing I always do like to say though, is try to watch this stuff with an open mind as much as you can.  Trek 5 has had an overly bad rap, in my view.  Not the best Trek film, but it has some cool and fun moments.  And for me, any Trek film or even episode is still better to watch than many other things.

Agreed.  It's the Spock's Brain of the movies.

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on July 28, 2010, 05:29:43 AM

Yes, I tend to agree. I went into this very much as a chance to watch 'Star Trek I've never seen' which is an opportunity that doesn't come very often these days.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Ktrek

As the old saying goes..."Bad Trek is better than no Trek"!

I actually like Final Frontier and it grows on me more each time I watch it in sequence with the other films.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

sparrow

keep your finger light on the trigger