• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

T-Shirt poll

Started by Rico, May 12, 2006, 05:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were to buy a "Treks in Sci-Fi T-shirt", what size would you need?

small
2 (12.5%)
medium
1 (6.3%)
large
8 (50%)
x-large
4 (25%)
even bigger
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

spock

I agree the shirt sould be white with the spock logo.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Rico

I know I keep saying this, but I do plan to still do this folks.  I have a couple of new ideas though.  One thought is to get one of my very artistic friends to draw up a new logo for the podcast.  Something less "Spock centric" that Cafe Press and other places won't have issues with printing up.  That way you can get whatever color shirt/style, size, etc. you want.  The other way to go is to get some printed up myself in a few sizes and sell them myself and ship, etc.  I'll tell you, I'm leaning heavily to the new shirt logo idea.  It would make things much more simple for me at least.  But if you guys really like the Spock-like logo I could still do that.  Post your thoughts here....

Picard_delta_5

ok, a few things... Star Trek doesnt care who using any of their ideas, as long as they dont make a profit off them... and they are referring more to people like "New Voyages" selling their episodes... I don't think anybody would  care if you make a shirt with a pic of spock on it...

Second, i think this new logo idea could work nicely, but you have to show us all the possible logos every step of the way... i'm sure they will be cool though...

3rd... TrekSF needs a catch phrase or something, and we need to put it on the shirts... something like "Star Trek fans for life"

how are these ideas?
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Rico

Well, CafePress disagrees with you at least - and me too.  I got one shirt printed there awhile back but they sent me an email saying they couldn't print more due to possibile infringement.  They are just scared.  In any case, I've tried two online places that setup your shirts for others to order off of - CafePress and one other.  Both wouldn't allow the Spock design.  So again, I print them on my own or do a new design.  If I go with a new design I'll share it here.

I like the catch phrase idea.  I think I may make it a new contest soon for the podcast!

skip/dro

for the catchphase, i was thinking rico's title/nickname would work
"Star Trek Lives!"
it's simple enough, and it shows a point.

also, if we wanted to get rly creative "Trekkies4Life" could work, but i like the previous one better.
and as lont as the logo is very treksf, i'm fine with it. it just has to be uniform with everything esle.
girls=(time)(money)         and if time=money then
girls=money^2                and if money is the root of all evil then
girls=evil
                  :p just a fun math proof for those who enjo

spock

Stupid cafepress. The internet is like littered with spock and trek stuff that hasnt been in violation. I would still hope to get the Spock logo. :vulcan
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Picard_delta_5

We all know that cafe press is wrong, thats bullsh** that they wont make the shirts... Rico, you should tell them to call up paramount and ask them if its legal... I guarantee you that paramount wont care....

Riskygodfather

Uh actually Picard, they can say whatever they want when it comes to copyright infringment, and they will be right no matter what they say. And I think you are quite incorrect about Paramount not caring. They are the same with every other company, so I think its still illegal to use their products to make money.

O, and Rico, I wouldn't mind if you had to make a new logo, although I have grown used to and fond of this one.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Rico

I did email back and forth a bit with Cafe Press but got no where.  Risky is quite right - their company - their rules.  And it's very true Paramount wouldn't care about a few T-Shirts out there.  If anything, I'm promoting Trek even more for them.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah you would think that.. it's free advertising.. but it's the same with TV and Movies. If anything is on screen and it can be recognized we have to get clearance to show it. So if someone is drinking a Pepsi and you can see the can we have to get approval. If we can't we have to blur the shot. Anything not cleared has to be blurred. I always thought it was stupid because we are showing their product in a good light so you would think they would like the free advertisement... not so.

I know your T-shirt thing is on a much smaller scale and I'm sure Paramount won't mind, but I understand why places won't print the T-shirts.. they are just covering there butts. It's doesn't mean I agree with them... :(

skip/dro

well, if rico told paramount, they might try to make a few extra bucks and charge him. i mean, they wont be afraid to boss rico around considering he was nice enough to confront paramount about the subject.
girls=evil

Riskygodfather

I don't think Paramount would have time to bother with an issue like this. They'd probably just shoo you away.  And I think that the only reason that companys don't allow free advertising, is because they know if you use it without their permission, they can sue.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

spock

I am sure it would be no prob from paramount. Screw cafepress and find some local t-shirt joint. After they are made you pack and ship em urself.

Picard_delta_5

spock has a point... but ive never seen a "local t-shirt shop" anywhere, so that might be a little tricky...

skip/dro

well...
ther's a place next to my karate dojo tht does team jerseys and shirts, and it looks like no one is ever in ther. it looks like a local t-shirt joint.
idk, maybe rico u should message me, but i'll chek em out next time i'm there
altho, next time i'm near my dojo is after summer vacation, so maybe just deal wit the shirt stuff somewhere else.
but if it's still a prob then, just email/message me.
girls=evil