• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Your 'claim to fame' in one line.

Started by Dangelus, April 05, 2009, 10:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

One of the Bosses at a company I worked for had Emma Bunton (Spice Girl) as a bridemaid at his wedding.

I went to the same primary school as Chas or Dave (can't remember which).

Jen

I totally forgot...I exchanged several emails with Karen Travvis a couple of years ago. Aside from her own book series, she's the New York Times best-selling author who wrote Star Wars Republic Commando stories. I was surprised that she would write me back so quickly and chit-chat. I'm going to have to see if I have those stored somewhere. I've thought about emailing her again and asking for an interview for Anomaly. She's a very kind and down to Earth woman. I first heard about her on an interview with Star Wars En Direct. Dany Pepin, one of the co-hosts of that podcast/radio show was written into one of her novels. :) After hearing her interview I decided to check out her books. Republic Commando: Hard Contact was the first Star Wars novel I had ever read.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dangelus

Opera singer Lesley Garrett changed her clothes in the Manager's office at my place of employment at the time. (She was doing a book signing) The manager didn't realise she was in there and walked in on her in her bra!   :eekout