• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Your 'claim to fame' in one line.

Started by Dangelus, April 05, 2009, 10:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Can anybody, in one sentence, make a statement that links them to a famous person / event indirectly? Might be fun!

Only honest answers please! Here's mine:

I went to school with a kid whose Aunt was a dancing zombie in the video for Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Geekyfanboy

I worked on on Season Two of The Guild, written,produced and acted by Felicia Day

I was the personal assistant to Donny and Marie Osmond for a summer.

I use to pick up Dick Clark's lunch everyday

I was a stage manager one summer and wrangled Sinbad, Margret Cho, Malcolm Jamel Warner, Don Rickels, Bill Ingel, and a few more I can't remember.

Was a stage manager on The Dating Game, hung out with Chaka Khan and Allison Sweeny

And I'm sure I'll think of  few more.

Dangelus

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on April 05, 2009, 10:14:13 AM
I worked on on Season Two of The Guild, written,produced and acted by Felicia Day

I was the personal assistant to Donny and Marie Osmond for a summer.

I use to pick up Dick Clark's lunch everyday

I was a stage manager one summer and wrangled Sinbad, Margret Cho, Malcolm Jamel Warner, Don Rickels, Bill Ingel, and a few more I can't remember.

Was a stage manager on The Dating Game, hung out with Chaka Khan and Allison Sweeny

And I'm sure I'll think of  few more.

Hey your famous Kenny so you don't count, too easy for you!  ;)

ElfManDan

My mother has help Wylie Gustafson personally with animal care (when she cared for horses).

X

I has dinner with Bubba Smith (Foootball Star and Hightower in Police Academy).

I hung out with BB King when I was 6 at a small little southern Juke Joint with my mother.

I had dinner with the 49ers, Steve Young, and Garth Brooks when my father was a director at a racetrack owned by the owners of the 49ers.

I met Smokey Robbinson at the grocery store down the street a few years ago when he was promoting his Gumbo.

Oh and this is my cousin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherian_Cadoria

Oh ... janis Joplin and I went to the same high school ... just not at the same time.

Meds

Wow Chris BUBBA SMITH how cool.

I met Michael Palin and made a joke about a spoon

I shook hands with George Romero while my mate got his autogrph.

I nearly got run over by then prime minister John Major

I sat next to Richard E Grant while he read his autobiography out and all i kept thinking was 'I wonder if he killed the snake that made his belt'

Feathers

I went to the same school as ex-Prime Minister John Major, just not at the same time.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

wraith1701

My second cousin (Ron Gant) played Major League baseball for the Braves, Reds, and a few other teams.

My dad worked with Shaquil O'Neal's stepdad while I was in college, and I got to meet the up-and-coming high school B-ball star while I was in San Antonio for break.

When I was in college, a punk-kid named Lucas Hass (the child-actor who played opposite Harrison Ford in the film Witness) used to hang out with his pot-head band-mates in the housing Co-Op that I managed.

An ex-girlfriend of mine used to wait tables in Dallas with folk-singer Eddie Brickell.

Jen

Quote from: wraith1701 on April 05, 2009, 03:09:11 PM

My dad worked with Shaquil O'Neal's stepdad while I was in college, and I got to meet the up-and-coming high school B-ball star while I was in San Antonio for break.

What a small world! My first cousin played against Shaquil O'Neal in high school, in S.A.  :)  Ummm...yeah, O'neal spanked my cousin....

Angela knows Lance Berkman, the baseball player for the Astros. They graduated high school together and Angela said she was pretty taken with ol' Lance. His mom is friends with her mom and she even came to Angela's bridal shower. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Berkman

My Dad met John Wayne. He hauled cattle when I was a little girl....i.e. he was a truck driver who hauled cattle out of ranches to feed lots. John Wayne invited him to dinner on his ranch when my dad and his friends came to pick up a load of his cows.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

sheldor

Back in high school, our choir was on a plane with Gladys Knight and the Pips.
Met Andy Williams - never knew he was like 5'2"
Met Cardinal Maida in Detroit
My brother knew Pam Dawber (Mork & Mindy) back in high school.  She grew up in our city.

X

I forgot one, my almost agent is the same one that worked with Laurell K. Hamilton, Jim Butcher, and Michael Stackpole and the only thing that's preventing the full agent thing is a few rewrites.

Jen

I met John Delancey at the one and only  convention I've attended. I sketched a portrait of him and he signed it. He looked around to see who it was that drew it and he had this big smile on his face. I  didn't get to talk to him as the Con Geek Overlords shuffled me past him very quickly. I'm still looking for that drawing! I know it's around here somewhere!

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

M-5

My wife and I helped Avery Brooks find his lost wallet at a convention four years ago.

ElfManDan

Oh, just remembered.

My dad met Harrison Ford while on the job transporting campers in and out of the backcountry (as he calls it).

Trekkygeek

I sold a rug to Stephen Berkoff
My Dad fixed Leo Sayers aunts washing machine.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"