• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Greetings from Texas!

Started by Tyler, January 02, 2009, 09:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler

It's great to be part of the treksinscifi community. I've been listening to the podcasts for more than a year now, maybe two. On trips I play them in our car, and my wife (who enjoys Star Trek but not like I do) and I have come to feel like we're friends with Rico and the gang of regulars. I'm 46, and we both work in healthcare marketing. Rico, my wife wants to hear more from your wife on the podcast. (Your wife, Lynn if I'm recalling correctly, recently did an intro and I played that for my wife.) I think she's curious about other women who marry self-professed geeks like I am.

I've loved sci fi and Star Trek for a long, long time. While I got hooked on syndicated reruns in the 70s, I do have a very early memory of Star Trek when it was originally aired. Remember that really creepy scene when Charlie X takes away that crewman's face? I can remember being really scared of that as a child. Must have been, what, four or five at the latest when I saw that. Funny how things make an impression on you.

Well, I'm rambling. Good thing I don't do a podcast or I'd never stay on track. Thanks, Rico, for all the hard work you put into all of this, and I hope you and everyone on the forum has a terrific 2009.

Rico

Big welcome Tyler.  Sounds we are of similar eras and experiences.  I'll try and get Lynn to come on the show sometime soon.

Meds

Welcome Tyler good to have you on board. Look forward to chatting with you about many a geeky thing. My wife has no intrest what so ever about geeky goodness though she occasionally puts up with my Dr Who ramblings.

billybob476

Welcome aboard! Hmm...a sci fi wives show/segment could be an interesting one. I might even be able to convince my wife to get in on a chat like that.

M-5

Ktrek

Welcome from a fellow Texan! I hope you enjoy the site and be a regular contributer in our discussions. Glad to have you aboard!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Welcome to our cyber family Tyler.. sounds like you'll fit right in here.

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KC

Hiya, Tyler!  Glad to have another Texan on board.

Feathers

Wow, theres getting to be a real Texan presence here these days!

Welcome.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

You mean like the UK presence?

Need more Canadians! I think there's only two of us right now.

EDIT: Make that three now that Christian joined! We're taking over!

moyer777

Welcome Tyler! You will love it here.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

wraith1701

Welcome aboard, Tyler!

Quote from: billybob476 on January 02, 2009, 12:55:34 PM
You mean like the UK presence?

Need more Canadians! I think there's only two of us right now.

EDIT: Make that three now that Christian joined! We're taking over!

Nope.  Texas owns this forum!   ;)

X

Yeah, while I don't live in Texas anymore, it is the place of my birth and you can't stop being a Texan.

wraith1701

Quote from: Just X on January 02, 2009, 04:52:11 PM
Yeah, while I don't live in Texas anymore, it is the place of my birth and you can't stop being a Texan.
EXACTLY.  I've lived in Kentucky for the past 3 years, but I still consider myself a Texan.  I try to explain it to my friends here in Louisville - Texas is like a country unto itself.  Being born there gives you Texan citizenship.  And a lucky few can eventually become naturalized Texas citizens.  ;)