• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Attic of my Mind # 19 - vidcast!

Started by Rico, September 27, 2008, 12:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just put together a new show for you all.  Been awhile so I thought I would do a video cast for this one.  Check your feeds & enjoy!

http://www.atticofmymind.com/podcasts/Attic_of_my_Mind_19_Sprinkler_Fix.mp4

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Meds

Cool little vidcast there mate, i enjoyed watching you tinker around.

Feathers

I never touch plumbing. It's habbit as much as anything else I guess but it's also because water makes more of a mess than electricity if it leaks on the floor.

Fun video to watch - I like watching others work :)

Rico

I've avoided plumbing too most of my life.  I've done a few things, but never copper work before this job.  But to do what you see me do in this video a contractor wanted over $500.  So, that made me do it on my own. 

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on October 17, 2008, 06:04:45 AM
I've avoided plumbing too most of my life.  I've done a few things, but never copper work before this job.  But to do what you see me do in this video a contractor wanted over $500.  So, that made me do it on my own. 
The added security of doing it outside the house helped too I guess. No furnishings to replace if it all goes horribly wrong.

I hope it wasn't the same contractor who did the water heater a few months ago, was it?

Rico

No - the water heater was from a local place called Lowes.  And if you listened to that Attic show you know that didn't go well.  I really, really like doing things myself on my home when I can.  Growing up I learned a lot about carpentry, electrical, some plumbing, painting, etc. so I'm pretty good at most of it.  I finished my basement by myself.  It just takes time and hard word work.  Plus, so many contractors these days seem to just be out to rip you off.  And that really bothers me.  Anyway, it was kind of a fun job to do.

Feathers

I was waiting for you to singe the house a bit while soldering...but you carried it off well.

billybob476

My father is great at this stuff. he's all self taught. he does woodworking, electrical, plumbing, etc. He's redone his basement, two bathrooms, built an extension to the house. I've learned a lot from him and in the near future when I buy a house I intend to learn a lot more.

Bryancd

Meds

Oh don't talk to me about copper, i deal with copper everyday, tons of the damn stuff. Copper is my Kryptonite ;)

billybob476

What is it you do again Meds? I know it has to do with industrial machines...

Meds

I make hard and soft faced hammers. I work for a company called Thor Hammer (also known as Thorex in America.) We supply big companies like Vaughan and Bushnell in the states. I cut and make all the mallets and faces using saws, lathes, edgers etc. Been there for 14 years now i like working for a small family company. Though i may be leaving soon but i can't say anything about that.