• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

CHAT function now on forum...

Started by Rico, April 01, 2006, 03:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picard_delta_5

it could be, i was listening to one of the podcasts and he said that Ent was cancelled because he liked it so much... funny stuff.
Star Trek Will Rise Again

spock

Problems have been discovered by fanatic and myself while chatting. That chatroom is not a privte Treksf chatroom. It belongs to another site for some reason. Im sure Rico is looking into it.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Rico

I have to do some more digging, but I think anyone once in can set up a private chat room, with a password, etc.  We should just make it simple and set room names to treksf and password also treksf.  See if that keeps others out.

Rico

Ok, I've created a room called treksf.  After you click the CHAT link above, just type in this to join the room:

/join #treksf

I haven't password protected the room yet....but I will if we need it.

Picard_delta_5

spock

Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Riskygodfather

Sounds good. I really thought that it was private to this specific forum. O well.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Rico

Quote from: Riskygodfather on April 07, 2006, 04:03:34 PM
Sounds good. I really thought that it was private to this specific forum. O well.
It is basically private now.  You just need to join the room as stated above.  I'm going to try and automate that process sometime soon so when you click the link it takes you right to our room.

Riskygodfather

OK. Also, was it hard to integrate the chat thing into the forum? Because with PhPBB, everything has to be made specifically for PHPbb.

Admiral Anthony Out

spock

I think it was a plugin for smf forums

Picard_delta_5

it works fine for me. what do u mean?

Riskygodfather

No, picard, I mean for forums it's kinda hard to put in a program that isn't meant for the forum.

Admiral Anthony Out

Picard_delta_5

oh, ok. i dont know what PhPbb is.

Riskygodfather

It's a forum program, and so is SMF, but it's hard to explain.

Admiral Anthony Out

Rico

The chat program can be used outside the forum as well.