• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

CHAT function now on forum...

Started by Rico, April 01, 2006, 03:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spock

Thanks rico. Sounds like a good opertunity to talk. You could also about what we chatted on the podcast.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on April 03, 2006, 05:25:29 AM
I just loaded on my work PC under Firefox. Here's the first thing that pops up that I was talking about that you have to accept. The second picture is chat running. Does take just a few seconds to load up. Do these look familiar?

Nope didn't get anything like that.. it's just a grey box with at "float" button at the bottom middle. Never asked me to approve anything. I've tried it on both my desktop PC and PC laptop.

Rico

Again, if you are trying it under Firefox a Java extension has to load.  You will first see a green puzzle like piece and it will ask you to download the extension - in Firefox.  I think this is a bit different than the normal Java install program.  I have tried it on a couple of my home systems and now my Dell PC at work.  No trouble on any of them for me.  Did you try your Mac at work yet Kenny?

Picard_delta_5

this has to be a security setting... nothing else would make sense. you tried all the latest versions of everything and it didn't work so I don't think it is a software issue.
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Geekyfanboy

Well it doesn't work on my Mac at work either.. I swear it must be me.. I just am not meant to chat on these boards. I get the same screen that I get on my PC.

And yes Rico I was using the latest Firefox on my PC at home and got nothing.

Picard_delta_5

wow, that sucks... i have no idea whats wrong. i hope you figure it out.

Scott

I'm using FireFox on Linux. It works. If you have the NoScript extension for FireFox, it'll block Java too.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

Geekyfanboy

well when I tried Safari on Mac it wouldn't work.. but now I'm using IE for Mac and it works fine... strange...

Picard_delta_5

weird, im glad you got it to work though.

Rico

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a security thing too.  Java is a bit funny with some setups.  Kind of once it's blocked, it's hard to get it back.  IE for Mac?  Wow...didn't even know that even existed.  But then I'm not a Mac user.

Scott

Rico, I think you should change the name of the room to TrekSF
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

Riskygodfather

Well, I just tried the chat thing, and it works fine. I think that you have some sort of firewall on you router network, that's why in won't work on either of your comps Kenny.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

spock

Macs do funny things with browsers. It kinda screws up some flash player pulgins also.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Picard_delta_5

it could be the router, but the second computer was the computer at Kenny's office.. so i doubt that was it.

Riskygodfather

O, well, maybe Kenny has bad aura surrounding him then. ;D
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out