• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"DIABLO III"

Started by Rico, June 28, 2008, 04:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

So Blizzard has finally announced they are working on and making "Diablo III."  I'm very excited.  This is probably the game series I have had the most fun with in the past.  Especially playing with friends over the net.  Between this, Warcraft, and Starcraft, Blizzard has such a hold on the PC gaming market.  All great franchises.  I can't wait!!   :taz

Learn more at:   www.blizzard.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxofahV9WrA

sheldor

Will it have God mode ??? :D

billybob476

PepperDude

I never got into this game because I saw the extent of people's addiction to it. I usually try to stay away from these type of games because I'm afraid I'll get sucked in too.  :-\ That means I've been missing out on tons of fun.

KingIsaacLinksr

I actually never played any of the Diablo games.  A pity, but I live with it. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Quote from: Kinglinksr on June 30, 2008, 10:57:43 PM
I actually never played any of the Diablo games.  A pity, but I live with it. 

King

You should play them.  Lots of fun!

sheldor

OMG -  I MUST resist.  No one on this forum is allowed to tell me when this game comes out.  Lets see - no TV, radio or going to electronics stores for the next 8 months.  :D

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: markinro on July 01, 2008, 09:27:52 AM
OMG -  I MUST resist.  No one on this forum is allowed to tell me when this game comes out.  Lets see - no TV, radio or going to electronics stores for the next 8 months.  :D

With Rico as your friend you realize this will be impossible.  In FACT, I will PAY Rico to remind you when the game is.  LOL.  :) :) ;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

It's easily more than a year away.

First out:  WOW Expansion - Wrath of the Lich King, then Starcraft 2, and finally Diablo 3.  Late 2009 at the earliest is my guess.

sheldor

Quote from: Kinglinksr on July 01, 2008, 09:50:26 AM
Quote from: markinro on July 01, 2008, 09:27:52 AM

With Rico as your friend you realize this will be impossible.  In FACT, I will PAY Rico to remind you when the game is.  LOL.  :) :) ;)

King

Yeah, I know.  Reico is the 20th century version of a :borg

Jobydrone

I will pick this up if it comes out for the consoles, but early word is that it is PC only.  Even though my laptop is new I doubt it will run this game well enough to make it an enjoyable experience.  I enjoyed the original Diablo a great deal, DIablo 2 did not capture me though and I only played it about half way through when it came out.  Blizzard gets more than enough of my $$$ anyway.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Chief

I only wish it has a secret cow level. J/K

I am so pumped about this game. Easily, D2 has been my favortie game ever. So knowing that D3 is on it's way and that it will rock (for what I've seen), I am excited.

Blizzard always put quality stuff out there, so D3 should be good. Awesome good. Awesome geek good.

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Rico

Check this out from Blizzcon - Wizard in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2azMHCaO_k

Geekyfanboy

I saw this today.. when I got there Felicia Day was playing it... you had to stand in line for hours to play. This one seemed to be the most popular. I had an "all access" pass and could have gone to the front of the line.. to bad I'm not a gamer.

Rico

Wow - this is a bit surprising.  Looks like you will be able to buy and sell certain items in Diablo 3 for real world cash!  Read on:

When you create a game that lets people trade items and you make some items both very rare and very valuable, you create the demand for a black market. Blizzard has decided to bring cash transactions into Diablo 3; the company has announced the addition of auction houses to the game. You can buy items for gold in one house, and straight-up cash in another. Each region will have a single marketplace, to make sure no currency or exchange issues rear their heads.

"What we've found is that no one's actually done this before," Rob Pardo, Vice President of Game Design, told Joystiq."So it has been a long road to getting to where we are today, where we can actually announce we're doing this."

After you sell an item, you can either remove the money from the game and use it in the real world using an as-yet-unannounced third-party company, or keep it in the game to use on other auctions, Blizzard games, subscription fees, or Blizzard merchandise. While Blizzard won't be selling items directly to increase revenue, Pardo did say that cosmetic items may be sold on the market.

Blizzard is being smart with the revenue coming in from this system: players will be charged a flat fee to list an item, and if it sells there will be another flat fee paid to Blizzard. The company won't make more profit on a more expensive item, and the "nominal" fee will dissuade players from simply dumping everything they find on the auction block. Since drops are random and only players can sell to other players, the economy is still self-contained.

"There are some people out there that don't have the ability to put a time investment into the game, so they do want to use real-world money to kind of advance their character," Pardo told Joystiq. "And the other side of it is that there are people who have a lot of time and don't benefit from it, because they'll be able to generate items, and get better items or cash it out."

Many of the moves here make sense, and Blizzard is creating the market in such a way that it will only minimally impact the game's world. Well, it should only minimally impact the game's world, but we're have to wait until the masses descend upon Diablo 3 to find out how the community will respond.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/diablo-3-will-let-you-buy-and-sell-items-for-real-world-cash.ars