• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Wipeout

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 25, 2008, 08:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be a contestant on Wipeout ?

For the 50,000 ?  Yes
1 (14.3%)
If I win the money - great.  If not - I'll have fun
2 (28.6%)
Yes but only if I get money - even if I lose
2 (28.6%)
Lets see - how do I have fun without telling the wife ? :D
0 (0%)
Are you nuts !?
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: July 09, 2008, 03:14:02 PM

Geekyfanboy

Did anyone catch this last night.. I never laughed so hard it was way to funny and I can't wait for the next episode. I also watched "I Survived a Japanese Game Show" which was funny as well but very different from Wipeout.

THIS IS THE BEST SNEAK PEEK... OMG I'M DYING HERE  :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

KingIsaacLinksr

I watched Wipeout.  It was pretty darn hilarious.  Got to love that its a unique show. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

KingIsaacLinksr

One more comment, I loved the hosts.  Unlike most hosts who do some really lame jokes, these guys were pretty hilarious.  Which just added to the hilarity of the situation. 

9/10 stars!!

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

Just in case you missed it here are the details..

There are 24 contestants and they all do the first obstacle course and the fastest 12 move on to another event, then the six left standing move on to a third event and the first four to finish move on to the final obstacle course and the final winner gets $50,000.

I wish I knew they were filming this.. I would have loved to have done it.

Bryancd

It really was a riot. Have you guys ever seen "MXC"? That's the original Japanese version of the show which has English narration and the comments and dialogue are outstanding. "Wipeout" hosts did a great job emmulating that.

X

I saw both and really had fun.

sheldor

I can just see someone assembling a Wipeout amusement park - OMG !!

sheldor

In case you have not seen the show...

Bryancd

I would play this game in a heart beat! Last night they had a triathlete on and she got creemed! I doubt I would fair much better!

sheldor

Those big red rubber balls are the worst.  Have no idea how to traverse that part.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: markinro on June 25, 2008, 05:56:06 PM
Those big red rubber balls are the worst.  Have no idea how to traverse that part.

That event was the most fun to watch.. other then the punching wall.

PepperDude

Quote from: Bryancd on June 25, 2008, 09:39:14 AM
It really was a riot. Have you guys ever seen "MXC"?

Yes on Spike TV. I would stay up watching that show with people doing silly things and commentators making fun of them. I might just watch the next episode of Wipeout.

Darth Gaos

I was gonna say that this looked like a combo of the some of the best Japanese game shows I loved watching when I was stationed there.  I can't believe I missed this...I so wanted to catch it...oh well I will to set the DVr for the next show.

EDIT:  OK 2 things after watching the preview.....I am in tears I am laughing so hard...and 2...don't watch it with food in your mouth or you will choke to death or spit it on your monitor.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Meds

I've not seen it before but i'd jump at the chance. It looks the same as a nightout in Birmingham ha ha.

moyer777

This looks crazy!!!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com