• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Clone Wars" Trailer News

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 07, 2008, 05:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

"Clone Wars" Trailer News
By Garth FranklinWednesday, May 7th 2008 9:28am

"Star Wars" fans will get an unprecedented look at the newest intergalactic adventure on Thursday when the world-premiere trailer for the upcoming CG-animated movie "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" debuts across five Turner networks simultaneously.

At 7:58 p.m. in all U.S. time zones, Cartoon Network, TNT, TBS, CNN, and Boomerang will debut an action-packed, two-minute preview of the animated adventure from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation.

It marks the first time a theatrical trailer has received a simultaneous, cross-network airing on Turner Networks. The trailer debuts in theaters on Friday, May 9th along with the first poster for the movie included below.

The film opens nationwide on August 15th 2008 and be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

The newest tale of adventure, intrigue and excitement in a galaxy far, far away combines the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm and the Star Wars Saga with a signature animation style from Lucasfilm Animation.

Following its broadcast debut across the Turner Networks, the trailer for "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" will be available for viewing exclusively at the official site.

On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old will join such favorite characters as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala, along with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.

Sinister villains - led by Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous - are poised to rule the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights. Their exploits lead to the action-packed battles and astonishing new revelations.

The theatrical release of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" tells an all-new story that leads directly in to this fall's premiere of a weekly, animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" television series on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT.

Dan M

Nice seeing that trailer in HD.  Much better than the bootleg YouTube version we saw last month.

Geekyfanboy

Love this trailer.. I agree so much better in HD then you tube.. can't wait for this movie and series.

check out the new trailer here..

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809991325/video/7744414

Bryancd

Geekyfanboy

Geekyfanboy

Just watched it in HD... so beautiful...

wraith1701

:metallica: :metallica: :metallica:    Looks great!  Thanks for posting the link!

Bryancd

WOW!!!!!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!

Blackride

Looks cool. What network is carrying it?
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Cartoon Network here in the US then it repeats on TNT

Rico

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!    Now that is  STAR WARS!

:starwars:

Bryancd

Quote from: Blackride on June 11, 2008, 03:01:38 PM

But this is the theatrical release trailer.

wraith1701

Quote from: Bryancd on June 11, 2008, 05:15:03 PM

Yeah; the pilot will be shown in theaters before it re-airs on network TV. 

Rico

Quote from: wraith1701 on June 11, 2008, 05:27:58 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on June 11, 2008, 05:15:03 PM

Yeah; the pilot will be shown in theaters before it re-airs on network TV. 

Are we sure about that at this time?  I had thought the theater movie is a lead in to the series. 

Geekyfanboy

Yeah i agree with Rico.. I heard they took the first four episodes of the series and turned it into the movie.

I can't see them airing on TV only a few weeks after it hits the theater..