• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

BSG Season 4 News (may contain slight spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 12, 2007, 11:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Nana Visits BSG

A Bajoran military leader has left "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" for the even more hostile surroundings of "Battlestar Galactica." Nana Visitor, who starred as Kira Nerys for seven full seasons on the space station known as DS9 in the Trek verse will take on a recurring role on BSG that will give her plenty of camera time with lead actress Mary McDonnell, who plays President Laura Roslin.

"Nana Visitor is playing Emily," said Ronald D. Moore, BSG executive producer, in an interview with Starburst Magazine. "She's another cancer patient in sickbay and [one] who Laura Roslin meets when receiving her chemotherapy treatments, which we call diloxin on our show."

Moore served as a DS9 series writer and producer, having come over from working on "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Eventually Moore also worked on "Star Trek: Voyager," before later taking on the monumental task of resurrecting "Battlestar Galactica."

"Not surprisingly, the President is making regular visits to sickbay this season, and in this story we introduce Emily, who is terminal and much further along in her illness then Laura," Moore went on to say about the relationship forged between Emily and Roslin. "Faith is about the relationship between the two women. Nana is going to be terrific for this role, and it's great to see her again."

"Battlestar Galactica" was set to return on the SCI FI Channel in January 2008 but has been moved back to this coming March, or perhaps April. How long it airs new episodes after that will be determined by the length of the current writer's strike. There has been rumors floating around of curtailing all of season four until 2009, but this has not been officially verified by Moore, the SCI FI Channel, NBC Universal or anyone actually attached to the production.

billybob476

Ron Moore is getting all his friends on board, isn't he? Still, I like it when I see actors from shows I love getting more work. Nana Visitor always did a good job as Kira, I'm sure she'll be equally as good in this role.

Rico

That's very cool news.  She was one of my favorites on DS9.

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

wraith1701

Quote from: Blackride on December 13, 2007, 07:14:08 AM
I just need to see Season 3 now......damn

Season 3?  I envy you!  You have a whole season's worth of material that is new to you to tide you over until season 4 begins. 

Actually, I've been thinking about re-watching season 3 myself.  Just to keep me engaged until the start of the new season.

Geekyfanboy

Season 4 of Galactica Ready for Spring Premiere

Written by: Michael Hickerson (SoSF Staff Journalist)

battlestar3.jpgThe long wait for the fourth season of "Battlestar Galactica" is nearly over.

Mark your calendars for Friday, April 4th. That's when the hit-series returns to the SCI FI Channel according to reports in the LA Times and across dedicated BSG blogs.

Fans of the series will notice the show is moving back to its original Friday evening timeslot after last year's experimental run on Sunday evenings.

This run of episodes will be the first ten episodes of the series' fourth and final season. The series was able to complete 13 episodes before the writers strike forced the series to shut-down. Season 4 may be divided up further to extend it into the 2009 season.

Rico

Back on Fridays!  Woo-hoo!  I told them not to move it!

Geekyfanboy

Battlestar Back With A Bang

SCI FI Channel's Emmy and Peabody Award-winning original series Battlestar Galactica kicks off its fourth and final season on March 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT with two back-to-back half-hour specials, with the first new episode premiering the following week, April 4, 10 p.m.

Beginning at 10 on March 28, Battlestar Galactica: Revisited will serve up the essential information on the series' past three seasons, providing the uninitiated with an introduction to the characters, relationships and backstory. Executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick serve as guides and hosts.

Battlestar Galactica: The Phenomenon follows at 10:30 and is a celebrity-studded celebration of the show's effect on pop culture. Interviewees include Seth Green, country music star Brad Paisley and Talk Soup's Joel McHale talking about why Battlestar Galactica is one of the best shows on television.

In the season-four premiere, the last remnants of humanity continue their search for a new home as the thin line that separates them from the rapidly evolving Cylons is redrawn.

Galactica's crew is rocked by Starbuck's (Katee Sackhoff) sudden and mysterious return from the dead, bringing claims that she has been to Earth and can lead them there. Meanwhile, four members of the fleet are still reeling from the revelation that they are Cylons.

Battlestar Galactica will air Fridays at 10 p.m.

Darth Gaos

I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

wraith1701

It's shaping up to be a year of Sci-Fi overdose... New BSG, New Star Wars this summer, and new Trek this winter...

I hope I can handle it!

Geekyfanboy

Battlestar Galactica's Post-Strike Battle Plan
A long mid-season delay is almost a certainty.
by Eric Goldman

February 11, 2008 - Update: As of Tuesday night, the Writers' strike is officially over. Original story follows.

Battlestar Galactica's fourth and final season begins airing on April 4th, but thanks to the writers' strike, production was halted with half of the season left to complete. Now, with word coming in that the strike is likely over this week, Battlestar fans are eager to learn when the acclaimed series can go back into production and finish its story.

If the show had stayed on its original schedule, it would be completing production in March, but according to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, March is now an early possibility for when the show will be going back into production, to complete Season 4. Eonline says that the final season will almost certainly now be split into two halves when it comes to scheduling, with the final 10 episodes airing in the fall or perhaps in 2009.

While fans will be disappointed to hear about the possible long delay, it's actually not completely new news, as even before the strike occurred, SCI FI Channel was said to be considering a long split in the middle of Season 4. The strike only seems to have made such a split more necessary from a production standpoint.

Geekyfanboy

First Video Of 'Battlestar Galactica' Season 4 Out

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Feb-28-2008

The story contains MODERATE SPOILERS for the upcoming fourth season of "Battlestar Galactica."

So wondering who is holding a gun to President Roslin's head? Guess no longer.

io9 has been able to get its hands on about three minutes of footage from the upcoming fourth season of "Battlestar Galactica" which includes conversations between Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff) and both Adamas, some of the debates taking place in the Cylon hierarchy (including our first real look at Natalie), and a surprising twist in the whole Head Baltar/Head Six game featuring our very own Gaius Baltar (James Callis).

The scenes show Starbuck trying to convince members of the crew that she is not a Cylon, and talks about Earth mentioning that she felt like she had been there before. Viewers also start to get a view of the reported civil unrest within the Cylon hierarchy that will play a major role in the upcoming season.

Finally, Roslin gets a gun to her head, and you'll be surprised who is holding it there.

To see the video, visit io9's story by clicking http://io9.com/361683/new-clips-of-cylon-showdown-in-battlestar-season-4. Please remember that there are spoilers afoot at this link, a bit bigger than what we've shared here, so don't visit it if you want to go into the fourth season with virgin eyes.

"Battlestar Galactica" returns for its fourth and final season April 4 on the SciFi Channel.

Geekyfanboy

Ten stars of the hit science fiction series "Battlestar Galactica" (BSG) including Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, Tricia Helfer and Lucy Lawless, will present the Top Ten List on the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, Wednesday, March 19 (11:35 PM-12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The fourth season of BSG premieres on the SCI FI Channel Friday, April 4. The LATE SHOW is a production of Worldwide Pants Incorporated. Barbara Gaines, Maria Pope, Jude Brennan and Rob Burnett are the executive producers.

Jobydrone

Ugh no offense to anyone here but Nana Visitor has got to be my least favorite Star Trek actor from any series.  I thought her acting was varyingly wooden or laughably over the top with very little middle ground or depth of character.  Frankly though I love BSG so much I know it will be great in spite of my feelings about her.  I am keeping a very open mind and hoping she will surprise me.   
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx