• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Heroes (might contain slight spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 03, 2006, 10:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

The more I read about this new TV series the more excited I am getting... here is a link to photos of the cast and a few from the pilot episode.

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Heroes

[attachment deleted by admin]

Darth Gaos

This show does looked wickedly cool...I know I'll be watching
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Yeah and after losing three great sci fi/fantasy shows this season (Threshold, Surface and Invasion) we need so more really good sci fi and fantasy TV. I can't wait to see previews for this.  :biggrin

Geekyfanboy

NBC now has a website up for it's new show Heroes... all I have to say is WOW  :jawdrop

http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/

It's about a four minute preview.. check it out. This one is going to be AWESOME!!

Picard_delta_5

i'll be watching this... sounds cool...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 09, 2006, 04:51:01 PM
NBC now has a website up for it's new show Heroes... all I have to say is WOW  :jawdrop

http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/

It's about a four minute preview.. check it out. This one is going to be AWESOME!!

Looks very good.  Glad they are treating the idea and characters seriously and not funny or campy.  Looking forward to it.  But if I start to like it and NBC cancels it like "Surface" they are going to hear loudly from me!

Geekyfanboy

I'm right there with you Rico.. I hate when I start to watch new TV shows and love them then they are cancelled. But I look at it this way. At least I got to really enjoy what the showed for the time it was on. ie Firefly, Surface, Threshold, Invasion, Otherworld, John Doe, and so many other wonderful TV shows that get pulled before their time.

Picard_delta_5

yeah... i like the way you are looking at it... but it still is disapointing...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

De

The guy in the suit looks like Neil Flynn from Scrubs (aka the janitor).

Geekyfanboy

Hey Guys.. well I started my new job today working on a new reality show called "Curl Girls" and guess where my office and edit bays are. Under Stage 14 at the Sunset Gower Studios, and guess what they are filming in Stage 14... the new NBC Scifi/Fantasy series Heroes. It's pretty cool.. the wardrobe and post production are next to my offices. Today I saw several of the stars of the show walking to there trailers. When I walked by one of the edit bays to get to my office I saw that they were cutting one of the episodes for Heroes. I'm looking forward to getting to know these people better.

Rico

That's very awesome Kenny!  I'm counting on some "Stealth pics" to show here soon Kenny.  ;)

Elizur

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on September 11, 2006, 03:28:02 PM
and guess what they are filming in Stage 14... the new NBC Scifi/Fantasy series Heroes. It's pretty cool..

Man, that's the life.  Sounds really cool.

This is one I'm going to go ahead and check out this Fall.  I guess many of the new shows will be starting pretty quick.

Geekyfanboy

Heroes Also Has Villains

Tim Kring, creator and executive producer of NBC's upcoming superhero drama Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the show will have a season-long arc involving the hunt for a super-powered serial killer. "We are bringing in other people with super powers, and they are not necessarily heroes," Kring said in a conference-call interview on Sept. 14. "The show does introduce the concept of a major villain in the second episode, and that villain becomes a sort of a linchpin, [a] central character for most of the first season."

Greg Grunberg, who plays a Los Angeles cop with psychic abilities, also makes his debut in the second episode. His character becomes involved in the ongoing case through an FBI agent played by Clea DuVall. "He's recruited by this FBI [agent], the character that Clea plays," Grunberg said in the same interview. "They become this team, sort of like a Mulder and Scully of The X-Files. And what's great is, that this side of the storyâ€"investigating the villain and trying to figure out who he is, what his motives are, why these people are being affected and what's going onâ€"what's great is, the audience will have a lot of these questions, and my character is going to discover them and hopefully answer those questions and be the eyes of the audience."

Grunberg added that some of the characters introduced as heroes may not necessarily remain virtuous throughout the series. "Don't assume that every one of these characters is good," Grunberg said. "That's something so interesting. As actors, [co-star Masi Oka] and I have had this conversation where we're thinking, 'Are we going to be good? Are we going to realize, "Wow, these powers: They're empowering me to such a way that I can use it for evil purposes?"' I mean, we have no idea whether we're going to go good, go bad. It's just so interesting to see what somebody would do given these abilities."

According to Kring, there has been a lot of discussion in the writers' room about the hero's journey, as outlined by mythology scholar Joseph Campbell. In particular, the show will explore the themes of temptation and the duality between good and evil. "It's one of the things that we're really fascinated with, ... this idea that all of these people have free will," Kring said. "They are just like any of us. If you find yourself in a time in your life when you are desperate or destitute, and you suddenly discover that you can walk through walls. Well, then you may walk through the wall of a bank and rob it and steal money. If you are inclined to do good, and you have the ability to hear people's thoughts, then you will do good with that. And it really becomes about free will, which is also a part of the hero's journey. What do they do when they are suddenly tempted by darker forces?" Heroes premieres on Sept. 25 and will air Mondays at 9 p.m. PT/ET on NBC, with an encore later in the week on SCI FI Channel. NBC and SCI FI are owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM. â€"Cindy White

Jen

The show really sounds cool. I grew up in the 80's and I don't remember the Misfits of Science. Maybe I wasn't allowed to stay up that late.  ;)
Do you guys remember "My Secret Identity"?  Back then I had a huge crush on Jerry O'Connell, which may or may not have effected my ability to determine if the show was actually good. What did you guys think of it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094516/

I can't wait to watch Heroes. The abilities these super heroes have are interesting.  I'm interested in seeing the "super hero artist" in action.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Hey Guys.. they are showing the pilot episode of Heroes on Yahoo TV .. here's the link http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/fall06/?d=503

or you can wait till next week... It premeires next Monday on NBC